Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting · 1 decade ago

Where i can find a film agent.....?

i am an actress so i need to find a good agent to make me famous...................................................! where i can find him..?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You don't usually find them - they find you. They see you in a play you are performing in. Or discover you when the short film you were in gets into a major film festival. Or they read a review of your performance in an industry publication. That's how friends of mine got their agents - the agents found them

If you are an actress, then ask the directors and casting directors you have worked with to recommend agents to you. Ask if they can refer you to these agents - you have a better chance of getting in if a director you've worked with recommends you, rather than you applying on your own.

And no agent is going to touch you if your only goal is to be famous. They are looking for people who want to be actors, that they can book on as many jobs as possible - even small productions. Since they don't make money until you make money, it's in their best interest to make sure you are working as much as possible

Why does every kid think they can just become famous without putting in years of hard work? If you don't have a parent in the industry (like Angelina Jolie, Jake Gyllenhaal, Blake Lively, Jennifer Aniston, Hayden Panettiere, Kristen Bell, Zooey Deschanel, etc) or are that one in a million who just gets lucky, it isn't going to happen

• 1 decade ago

Try looking in phone book under "theatrical representation" - if your town to small for listings - try hanging out in front of night clubs and bars, look for fellows in business suits, tie and shiny shoes. Tell him you need an "agent" for your new career.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.