I'm looking into buying a laptop?

I,m going to be a senior in high school and then I will be off to college. What laptop should i get now that can keep up through my last year of high school and the 4 ill be spending in college? I'm open to either a mac or windows? If so why should I get that laptop? As for price something under 1.5k

Best Answer

Personally, I think you should get a Macbook Pro. There are no viruses and the computer allows you to do more creative and fun things like garageband, imovie, idvd etc.

You can also get powerful creative software like Final Cut, Logic Studio etc.

Again, there are no viruses and you can get Office 08 which is great for compatibility between a mac and a pc.

I used to have a PC but i switched - there's a saying "once you go mac, you never go back" lol

Good Luck!

I bought a Compaq when I was in university and I regret it to this day. I had nothing but problems with it. I bought a MacBook Pro last October and even if it died today *knock on wood* I would go out and purchase another one. The things that come standard on a Mac are worth it alone. It's unbelievable how much software you need to purchase or download just to get your computer to where it needs to be for school when it comes to Windows. Look into a MacBook they are reasonably priced and you'll get a reliable computer instead of a inconsistent mess.

This is the one http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx... . This is only around 799 dollars and has 4 years of free service which includes full service with there techs and it is also WINDOWS VISTA 64 BIT. If you want to you could pay more for some extra warranty to cover spills ect. Also customize it. I hope this is a good choice from you and there are other laptops out there so good luck. NEVER GET A MAC. ALL THEY WILL DO IS GIVE YOU TROUBLE WITH COMPATABILITY.

Buy a DELL XPS Laptop

and why should you get that laptop? answer is

APPLE sucks never go for it. If you want mac then you can install mac on Dell. Google this keyword "install mac on intel machine"

Best way to find out this answer is Buy a Apple Laptop with 1.2K and buy a Dell dell vostro 1510 with $350 then find out witch one is best.

I'm using an HP that came with Vista standard and I've never had a problem since I've had it. It has wireless internet, 250Gb Hard drive and 2Gb Ram and it only cost $600.00 and that was a year ago so it's probably cheaper now. Also came with built in webcam.

get a mac, they inted to last a long time. so your money wont be wasted, and they have a lot of features like web cams and ready to use software.

i would go with a mac

because its made out of aluminum and not that cheap plastic

also snow leopard is the best os in the world! haha

you can also run parallel and play video games if you would like

there virus free

they look great!

• im a sophmore and my parents got me a laptop for high school and it does everything i need it for so maybe u should get a gateway? but im gonna get a new one soon

my sony viao is the best in theworld.