What Are Some Tasty, Simple, Quick, and Easy Recipes?
So far I know how to make risotto and REALLY good popcorn shrimp from scrap.
I want to obtain some good but simple recipes I can make from scrap.
Dessert recipes would be nice. :)
Wow, these all sound amazing! :)
- Curious..KLv 41 decade agoFavorite Answer
this is my fave dessert. they are really yummy! i make them all the time :)
30 - 240 minutes
Add ingredients to shopping list
* 1 x 250g pkt Woolworths Select Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
* 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
* 1-2 tbs rum or brandy
* 150g dark chocolate melts, melted
* 130g (2 cups) shredded coconut
1. Place the chopped chocolate in a glass or ceramic bowl. Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until just boiling. Pour the cream over the chocolate. Stir gently until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
2. Stir in the rum or brandy. Cover and set aside for 2-3 hours or until firm.
3. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of the chocolate mixture into balls. Place on the lined tray. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm.
4. Melt the chocolate melts following packet directions. Place the coconut on a large plate. Dip 1 truffle into the chocolate, then roll the truffle in the coconut to coat. Place on the lined tray. Repeat with remaining truffles. Set aside until set.
Notes & tips
* To freeze: Place in an airtight container. Label, date and freeze for up to 6 months.
- 1 decade ago
There's a Hummus recipe that I got from this lady and it is DELICIOUS!
It tastes so much better than the ones you buy at the grocery store.
Here's the recipe if you're interested:
3 tablespoon--lemon juice
1 tablespoon--olive oil
1--small garlic clove
1 1/2 cups--canned chick peas, drained
1 teaspoon--Tahini (optional)
1 handful of chopped parsley
A dash of red pepper flakes
1. Drain the chick peas, put them in a colander, and rinse them under water until all the foam is gone.
2. Blend all ingredients, except pepper flakes, in a food processor. Puree until the spread is smooth. Sprinkle on the pepper flakes and you're done!
3. Use veggies, bread, crackers, or tiny pitas to scoop up the hummus!
Hope you'll like it as much as I did. Tell me how it works out. =)
- ***Lv 51 decade ago
BLUEBERRY BREAD PUDDING WITH GOLDEN
3 t. butter
1/2 c. sugar
1 c. whipping cream
3 t. brandy (may be omitted)
3 t. soft butter
3/4 c. sugar
2 t. vanilla
3 1/2 c. milk
8 c. bread cubes cut to 1" square or smaller (sourdough loaf or any heavy bread)
1 3/4 c. fresh blueberries
2 t. sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon
Prepare Golden Dessert Sauce:
In medium pan, combine butter and sugar. Cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted. Stir in cream, and if desired, brandy.
Bring to a boil while continuously stirring; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Refrigerate if not using in 2 hours. Reheat when serving.
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on med/high speed until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla; beat 2-3 minutes or until fluffy. Slowly stir in milk.
Place bread cubes in extra large bowl; pour milk mixture over the bread and mix well, soaking all cubes. Let stand 5 minutes.
Gently stir blueberries into bread mixture; transfer to an ungreased 3-quart baking dish. Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over mixture.
Drizzle 1/3 cup of Golden Dessert Sauce over top.
Bake about 35 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
Serve warm with additional Golden sauce spooned over individual servings.
Refrigerate left-overs - reheat in the microwave when serving - enjoy anytime!
- DonnaLv 44 years ago
If you want to eat truly healthy, lose body fat consistently, normalize your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, prevent cancer, and even boost your brain health and energy levels, you may have heard all over the news that the Paleo Diet has been found to be one of the best methods of achieving all of these benefits compared to any other popular "fad" diets out there. Go here https://bitly.im/aMTqn
The truth is that the Paleo Diet will never be considered a fad because it's just simply the way that humans evolved to eat over approximately 2 million years. And eating in a similar fashion to our ancestors has been proven time and time again to offer amazing health benefits, including prevention of most diseases of civilization such as cancer, heart disease, alzheimers, and other chronic conditions that are mostly caused by poor diet and lifestyle. One of the biggest misunderstandings about the Paleo Diet is that it's a meat-eating diet, or a super low-carb diet. This is not true
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Line a 9 X 13 pan with foil.
Place 4 or 5 chicken breasts in pan.
Spoon a 300 ml jar of brushetta on top of breasts.
Break up about 1/3 container of feta cheese and put on top of breasts.
cover with more foil.
bake for 20 minutes.
uncover and bake for about 10 more minutes.Source(s): In your question, I don't think you mean scrap, I think you mean SCRATCH
- 1 decade ago
# vanilla pod, halved lengthways
# 100g caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
# 200g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
# 300g plain flour, sifted, plus extra for dusting
Takes 15 minutes to make, 15 minutes in the oven, plus chilling and cooling
1. Using a knife, scrape along the cut side of the vanilla pod to remove the seeds. Place the seeds in a large bowl with the sugar and mix well (store the vanilla pod in a jar of sugar to flavour the sugar). Add the butter and mix with a wooden spoon until lightly creamed. Add the flour and a pinch of salt, then mix to a soft dough. Turn out, wrap in cling film and chill for 1 hour or overnight.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out until about 5mm thick. Use an 8cm round fluted cutter to cut out the biscuits, re-rolling the trimmings to make 24. Transfer to 2 large, greased baking trays. Sprinkle with sugar, then chill for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 160°C/fan140°C/gas 3. Bake the biscuits for about 15 minutes, swapping the trays around halfway, until pale golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool and crisp up. Place the shortbread in a large storage jar ready to take to the picnic.
Store the shortbread in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 3 days.
7.2g fat (4.6g saturated)
trace saltSource(s): yumm
- wishful thinkingLv 41 decade ago
Food Network's Rachael Ray's 30 minute meals is a good beginning.
or this site:
click on the quick and easy tab
- Live and LearnLv 61 decade ago
this is quick, easy & yummy! My 10 year old makes it, but it is delicious!
1 cup flour
1Tbs. + 1 tsp. sugar
¼ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
½ tsp. vanilla
2/3 cup milk
Mix everything together and pour into hot oil.(you can pour from a funnel but we just pour from a ladle. Just start with an outside circle and work your way in. It only takes a minute or two, then flip. One more minute and it's done.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar
- 1 decade ago
Heat evaporated milk (one can) and blend it with a package of strawberry gelatin. Serve onto a mold. Chill and enjoy !Source(s): Me
- LadieVampLv 51 decade ago
EASY BANANA BREAD
1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
3 over ripe bananas, mashed
2 c. flour
1 tsp. soda
3 tbsp. sour cream
1 c. chopped nuts
Cream butter and sugar, add eggs, then mashed bananas and sour cream. Sift flour and soda, add to batter with nuts. Bake 1 hour at 325 degrees. Yields 3 small loaves (3 x 5 inches) or 1 loaf (5 x 9 inches).
BANANA SPLIT CAKE
Graham cracker crumbs
2 eggs, beaten stiff
2 c. powdered sugar
1 stick butter
Crushed pineapple (drained)
Nuts and cherries
Make graham cracker crust in bottom of pan. Beat eggs, powdered sugar and butter. Layer the rest of the ingredients in the order given. The amounts depend on the size of Banana Split Cake you need.
FROG EYE SALAD
Cook Acini Di Pepe macaroni: Bring 6 cups water to a rapid boil in 3 quart saucepan. Add 2 teaspoons salt. Slowly add 1 cup Acini Di Pepe. Return to rapid boil, stirring to separate. Boil only 2 minutes. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 6 to 8 minutes. Drain immediately and rinse with cold water to chill.
3/4 c. sugar
2 tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 c. pineapple juice (from canned pineapple shown below)
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. lemon juice
In small saucepan, mix sugar, flour and salt; stir in pineapple juice and egg. Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly until thickened (or cook in microwave). Add lemon juice, set aside and cool.
Combine cooked, cooled mixture with cooled Acini Di Pepe. Cover, place in refrigerator until chilled. Add the following:
2 cans (11 oz. each) mandarin oranges, drained
1 can (20 oz.) pineapple tidbits, drained
1 can crushed pineapple, drained
1 carton (8 oz.) dairy whipped topping
1 c. miniature marshmallows
Stir lightly. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
1 large onion
1 green pepper
2 large ripe tomatoes
1 cup vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
Slice two cucumbers thinly. Do not peel. Let this stand in salted water for 1/2 hour. Drain and rinse in cold water.
Dice onion, green pepper and tomatoes. Add one cup vinegar and 1/3 cup olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Before serving, let stand for 15-30 minutes so that vinegar and cooking oil can settle in ingredients.
Cooks Suggestion: Add 1 or 2 cloves pressed garlic and fresh chopped basil to olive oil.
Submitted by: Emily
Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
24 cherry tomatoes (can use a mixture of red and yellow tomatoes)
Cut a small portion off the bottoms of each tomato so they will sit on a try without rolling. slice off the tops of each tomatoes and scoop out centers with the small end of a melon scope to make a hollow yet sturdy shell; discard centers. TIP: Turn cherry tomatoes upside down and use the bottom for the top when stuffing. This keeps them standing straight.
Invert tomatoes onto damp paper towels and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
Using a small spoon, fill each tomato with about 1 teaspoon of the filling of your choice. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Remove from refrigerator 15 minutes before serving.
1/2 pound cooked crabmeat, finely chopped
1/4 cup diced celery, very finely chopped
1 tablespoon cashew nuts, chopped fine
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/8 teaspoon salt or to taste
1/2 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped (or 1/4 tsp. dried)
1/2 to 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
In a bowl, combine crabmeat, celery, cashew nuts, Worcestershire sauce, salt, tarragon, and mayonnaise (use just enough mayonnaise to moisten and hold ingredients together).
Mozzarella Cheese Filling:
1 to 2 teaspoons pine nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
4 ounces fresh soft Mozzarella Cheese
2 tablespoon chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pine nuts on a baking sheet; bake for 10 minutes or until a light golden brown. In a bowl, combine mozzarella cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, and chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.Source(s): http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,174,145187-253202,... http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,166,156177-236203,... http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1943,149177-255198... http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1943,140167-234205...