is psychic reading bad?

two different women walked up to me today asking if i wanted a reading because they see stuff going on with me.but everytime people come up to me and ask me i always say no thanks. is it really bad luck or something to get it read? im not saying i want to, but i just wanted to know and if it is bad why is it bad?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No

it's basically normal, it's intuitive, it's normal if you allow it to happen naturally.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Leo
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

As a Christian? The Bible condemns the use of Spiritualists

(Deuteronomy 18:9-13) “When you are entered into the land that Jehovah your God is giving you, you must not learn to do according to the detestable things of those nations. 10 There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, anyone who employs divination, a practicer of magic or anyone who looks for omens or a sorcerer, 11 or one who binds others with a spell or anyone who consults a spirit medium or a professional foreteller of events or anyone who inquires of the dead. 12 For everybody doing these things is something detestable to Jehovah, and on account of these detestable things Jehovah your God is driving them away from before you. 13 You should prove yourself faultless with Jehovah your God.

(1 Corinthians 10:21-22) YOU cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; YOU cannot be partaking of “the table of Jehovah” and the table of demons. 22 Or “are we inciting Jehovah to jealousy”? We are not stronger than he is, are we?

(Galatians 5:20-21) idolatry, practice of spiritism, enmities, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, contentions, divisions, sects, 21 envies, drunken bouts, revelries, and things like these. As to these things I am forewarning YOU, the same way as I did forewarn YOU, that those who practice such things will not inherit God’s kingdom.

• 1 decade ago

I would be skeptical of anyone who ask to read for you, since they wish to be paid for it. In addition, if you are a Christian (and this may be so in other religions also), it is considered something that God does not want you involved in.

• salve!
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

No, it really does nothing. Just a nice scam... not a bad idea.

Hey, $20 to have your fortune told....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That kind of malarkey goes against what God teaches; it's a form of "magic" that is an abomination to our Creator

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they always ask for $$$ eventually, some can read your soul and then to see into your future they must consult the demon that is assigned to you, so who wants that?

• 1 decade ago

They're bad because they're BS. They cannot prove their psychic abilities; they just want your money.

• 1 decade ago

If it's free, hey! why not! It could be a scam though... =P

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They just want your money.

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

No, just ineffective.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.