Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Why does the liberal media defend the David Letterman Sarah Palin Joke?

It seems like the liberal media want to argue with Sarah Palin about everything. The today show is saying that she over reacted. Why do they hate her so much? The election is over.

http://www.cultureandmediainstitute.org/articles/2...

Wayne_Kerr69: You are a F'in A hole!!!! My brother is mentally challenged. You have no idea what it's like to have a disabled family member. Or how hard it is for a parent to have to see their child go through life with so many problems. Parents understand what is in store for these kids. They know there are going to be A holes like you making fun of them and laughing at them. When I was a kid in grade school I saw other kids picking on my brother. It's not a fun life. So you can F off dick!

Alex C. You complain about hunting animals, but let me guess, you support a womans "choice" to abort her baby?

• alex c
    Favorite Answer

because they know that sarah palin is an attention hungry whore who will do anything to be in the spotlight. the inbreed supporters of sarah palin's are also messed up.

it was pretty clear that david letterman was talking about bristol palin who is 18 years old. sarah palin supports the brutally painfull hunting of wolves in alaska... alaska also has the highest number of incest!

sarah palin dosent know anything about the economy and thinks Africa is a country!

david letterman is smart and intelligent... sarah palin is milkin this whole issue.

Source(s): : )
  • Vixen

Y'all, I just reported that Wayne idiot, and if enough of you do it, he will be removed. So do it!

As for this Letterman/Palin business, I want to put everything into perspective here.

What Letterman said was wrong. First, flight attendants don't dress slutty. Second, neither does Palin. Many of the women who go on the David Letterman show do dress slutty (can you say CHER? BRITNEY?) So he was out of line. That established...

Palin's daughters look quite a bit alike, especially when they're sitting down. I have no doubt that Letterman was referring to Bristol, the older daughter, rather than Willow, who was actually at the game. Letterman thought the 19-year old was at the game, not the 14-year old. Palin's carrying on about statutory rape is ridiculous. She should have taken Letterman's explanation for what it was worth, clearly stated her opinion on the matter one time, and then let it go.

Did Letterman actually apologize? No. Did he admit the joke was in poor taste? Yes. Will that stop Letterman from making more jokes in poor taste? No. Is Palin's dragging this whole incident out actually making it worse for her daughter? Yes. Should Letterman have made comments about either of her daughters? No. Did Alex Rodriguez have this comming? Yes. Should it have been said about him? No.

You see, it is what it is. David Letterman is not the first person to say rude things about a politician he doesn't like, but he crossed the line when he brought up her kids like that--the same way that jerk "Wayne" down below did (I hope he's been removed by now so no one else has to read his remarks). Palin, in my opinion, should have left her kids off the stage during the campaign, the way Obama pretty much did. But that doesn't mean Letterman had the right to say what he said.

The main thing that irks me is that if, say, Ann Coulter or Rush Limbaugh had said the same thing about Obama's daughters, the media would have been in a serious uproar. When the tables are turned, well...

I do like Palin, for the record. But she can shut up now.

She is so insignigicant it no longer matter. i'd bet sarah would love it someone famous talked about her or her family. Then she can get on TV and whine some more. Ignoring Palin is the worst thing you can do to her.

Media is very establishment. It is controlled by an elite. You can call media left establishment or right establishment, but it clearly does not have much concern or compassion for the average American. The culture is materialistic and consumer oriented. It pushes a globalization agenda.

With cultural leadership like this, I'm not surprised how bad conditions are right now in the US. Letterman had bad judgment in using that joke.

Palin showed extremely poor judgment in her professional and personal life and single-handedly showed how ineffectual abstinence and home based sex education works.

The mainstream Democrats and Republicans should all hold their heads low in shame. The Green party looks very good to me at the moment.

She's not a viable political figure. If she was considered legitimate, I think it would of been less personal. The reality is that regardless of what your political leanings are, it should seem clear that she is an opportunist more than an actual politician. Her initial appeal and popularity due to looks and image eventually backfired when she wasn't able to present any thought out opinions.

So to answer your question, the liberals are just enjoying her being made fun of. It's petty in a sense, in another, it's not like she isn't cashing in off of the so-called rivalry by appearing all over defending herself. If she hadn't make an event of it (of course Letterman loves to be relevant to by being controversial), it would of probably just disappeared, but this was a way for her to try to stay relevant, but to me she's worn out her 15 minutes long ago.

• mcq316

Exactly, the election is OVER. And yet, Palin is still in the news every other day. She has officially crossed over from being just a politician and is now a 'celebrity'. And celebrities get made fun of. She's using this incident to take a position of righteous indignation to appeal to the far right wing base in hopes of still being relevant for the 2012 election.

Replace Palin's daughter with Obama's daughter(s) and replace Letterman with Limbaugh and the media would be calling for Limbaughs firing immediately.

CBS fired Don Imus for a similar comment. So I'm pretty sure they will fire Letterman too. Uh, probably not.

Because they hate Sarah Palin and will support anything against her..

• Ronnie

They have a set agenda and conservative voices are not tolerated. Their liberal bias is such that they are sitting on pins and needles because their ideas are so radical that they no a lot of flak is heading their way.