RD asked in SportsCricket · 1 decade ago

why America not playing Cricket which is famous game in European counties?

I am just wondering why America not playing the Cricket . I recently visited Europe . There Cricket game is most popular game and some part of Asian countries people are crazy of the game . every year new countries are enrolling in world cup.

Favorite Answer

i guess the rules are a bit too complicated and the game is not rough enough for Americans. They seem to like games with pushing and shoving, like American football.

They are too busy watching NBA games, Golf, Tennis and preparing for NFL(Football) and having a relaxing summer. Cricket is not the sport Americans play and only a few people from sub-continent Asia, England, West Indies, Aussies and Kiwis play the game and that too on weekends.

Cricket is not a popular sport in any European countries, including England. They love Soccer and Rugby.

May be as the President says - Bring the Change - he may try to change on the surface of it and there are no changes for common people. Thats the talk the talk and no walk the walk.

Mainly Americans like the few big sports they have like American football, Baseball, Basketball and hockey. Americans tend to prefer there own sports rather than soccer football or cricket.

If I'm honest they'd probably find test cricket boring. Some might like Twenty20 though because it encourages smashing it out of the ground like baseball. Soccer/football seems to be growing the US though in the past few years however.

Likewise, I'm British and I like the sports which are popular here like football, cricket, rugby and tennis rather than the American sports. Its just what culture prefers

Because Cricket is a game of mind and I guess America only like hit and run games like Base-ball, Basket ball e.g

because we're too busy playing basketball, baseball, soccer, football.

Its hard to start new trends in a huge pop culture country like America.

Because we modified it and made it better.

We call it Baseball.

And believe it or not, it is a game of the mind as well as endurance, strength, agility.

AMERICAN PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT SPORT OF CRICKET

AND AMERICAN PEOPLE DON'T LIKE GAME OF CRICKET.

they have their own national team

Source(s): kashikooler979.brain