Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why did liberals attack Bristol Palin for having a child out of wedlock, but not David Letterman for that?

34 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Liberals do not use logic, just emotion.

• Login to reply the answers
  • bwlobo
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

This is indeed a matter of "white man speak with forked tongue". Letterman's apology was worse than the joke. It was a taunt, it was arrogant. It was the — what David Letterman has become, which is not a nice, funny guy anymore. This is the man who has a history of taunting Sarah Palin and taunting her family.

Letterman has a child and is not married. The Left applauds. If a conservative (or family member) does the same thing, they say they are not practicing what they preach. Preachers speak to sinners saved by grace. If any congregation were perfect, there would not be a need for a church. Knowing what is right and not doing it, doesn't mean that "wrong" becomes "right".

Conservatives care about girls who have children out of wed-lock. I've never heard of liberals volunteering in a pregnancy resource center where the mother and baby are cared for without judgment. Liberals just want to abort the baby and let the mother despair in her emotional morass. I've volunteered in a Pregnancy Resource Center and understand how bad choices can be made. Who am I to judge...

When liberals say Palin is a hypocrite, I wonder where all their tolerance has gone. They will tolerate liberal hypocrites, but not conservative hypocrites. Liberals are hypocrites in their own intolerance. Liberals are too egocentric to realize that all humans are hypocrites. All humans need to repent. That's why God sent Jesus into the world. Letterman needs to repent. Palin has publicly made a confession of faith & that means that she knows she's a sinner and need's God's grace.

Source(s): bwlobo
  • 1 decade ago

"Why did liberals attack Bristol Palin for having a child out of wedlock, but not David Letterman for that?" Well, why do CONSERVATIVES attack Bristol Palin for having a child out of wedlock, as well as attacking David Letterman for that?

David Letterman gets off lighter because he made no extravagant claims in favor of "family values," as Bristol Palin's mother repeatedly and very publicly did, while campaigning for a high public office.

It had nothing to do with "liberals vs. conservatives." It had to do with hypocrisy and political spin (which *all* political persuasions indulge in). There are plenty of conservatives who do not like or support the way the Palin family has handled Bristol's behavior.

Don't you yourself be silly enough to turn these matters into some sort of childish "Us vs. Them" food-fight. What do you personally believe about the rights-&-wrongs of teenagers having babies out-of-wedlock? What do you believe about middle-aged men fathering children out-of-wedlock? Do you really believe that anyone's political persuasions have anything to do with how right or wrong these behaviors are? Your values are much more relevant to this business than your simplistic political statements. Put this in perspective.

• 4 years ago

She is not President. She is nothing that helps this country. She is a women with a big mouth & crook. She is a tabloid floozy. So I have no reason to care about her at all. The President whether it is a Bush, Clinton, Obama, Reagan, Carter, etc. it doesn't matter. There children are off limits. People said that W's children were attacked on & I would like to see proof of that. Yes, a reporter showed the one girl giving the middle finger. I have never in my life given anyone the middle finger so she needed to learn to behave herself. Palin's kids are all a mess. Her daughter was going all over talking about her sex life. So Letterman who comments on the things that people say like this commented on it & got the wrong girls name. He didn't do that on purpose & Palin was the one who publicized it. I never watched his show but his ratings not only went through the roof from her putting him down. He actually made the competition really lose ground. So Yes, it was OK for him to say something about someone who is out on the talk show circuit making money but NO, it would not have been OK if her mother was elected to the VPresidency & she was just privating living her life. She is also not at all the moral compass she claims to be & a hypocrite deserves to be revealed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Because Liberals have no morals. they also thing David Letterman did no wrong telling a statutory rape joke about Willow. As usual, Democrat kids are off-limits, Republican kids- free for all. No Morals, no Standards, (other than self loathing). If you talked to a liberal the way they talk about republicans, they would call you a hate monger just for you language. Oh wait, they do that already when you just look at them wrong.

• Americans have opinions about Bristol Palin having a child out of wedlock, who happens to be the daughter of a woman he is a highly elected official who goes around preaching abstinence. It's not hardly called "attacking" it's called acknowledging her as a hypocrite, uh hello, and she is!

David Letterman was a grown man when he had his son, NOT A TEENAGER. And he was with the mother of his son for years. they just recently got married. Wth is ur point??

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

While the incident keeps Palin in the public eye to draw sympathy from supporters, it puts Letterman in the news in an extremely fortuitous time. It's the second week of his battle for eyeballs with O'Brien and it couldn't be closer.

• grob
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Letterman didn't cut funding for sex ed in the state he was running and then turn around and have a pregnant teenage daughter in the same year. He's also an adult, with a considerable income.

BTW, when is the Bristol Palin wedding again?

• 1 decade ago

Actually liberals did not attack Bristol Palin about her wedlock.

On the contrary, I could still remember how GOP leaders and supporters laughed when old fart McCain joked about Chelsea Clinton being ugly and joked that she may have been a bastard child of Janet Reno.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm not sure. I know plenty of families who teach abstinence but a daughter still gets pregnant. It's just life.

I would think, from Palin's point of view, that her family might know first hand the benefits and the difficulty with a abstinence policy.

• Bobbie
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Bristol is a teenager whose mother thought abstinence only education is the only way to teach youngsters about sex.

Letterman is some old man entertainer who waited forever to have a kid, unless the conception of that kid was the first time Letterman had ever had sex, and I doubt it, he already figured out how birth control works.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.