Oldboy Remake starring Will Smith, how do you feel?

So Oldboy is still going to be remade (I was hoping they would forget the idea). Spielberg is attached (not sure if it's to direct or he is just involved) and Will Smith is set to star. UGH. This is one of my fav films and it really bothers me that they are remaking this. They will completely change the ending... show more So Oldboy is still going to be remade (I was hoping they would forget the idea). Spielberg is attached (not sure if it's to direct or he is just involved) and Will Smith is set to star. UGH. This is one of my fav films and it really bothers me that they are remaking this. They will completely change the ending and tone down the violence I am sure. I am just getting so tired of seeing my favourite films torn apart by terrible remakes and then no one watches the originals.

In 2 years when you mention "Oldboy" the answer will be "Oh I love Will Smith, but that movie was awful" it will be like the original never existed.
Anyone else a fan and unhappy about this?

Also feel free to add other upcoming remakes you are unhappy about (like Battle Royale)