Twinsfan asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

Who has better numbers?

At the end of the season who will have better numbers? Therefore who do i wanna keep out of these two? Garret Atkins or Adam LaRoche? I also have Berkman, Morneau and Youkalis do i need either one?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You already have three extremely talented first basemen. Garret Atkins has been batting a little better lately. Although he still isn't over .200, so don't keep him. He's not going to get much better. Adam LaRoche, though, is going to get that average up. I think he's batting around .240 right now. I live around State College, Pennsylvania, so I can pick up all the Pirates games on FSN Pittsburgh, and I watch them regularly. I noticed that around June and July Adam starts to hit a lot more homeruns and he also gets on base more. Look for LaRoche to start hitting tons of doubles and homeruns sometime very soon. Keep him. Good luck with your fantasy team!

• 1 decade ago

No, you don't really need either one with all that depth at 1st base. However, if you do want to keep one, go with LaRoche. He's having a good season despite the poor batting average. If Atkins gets traded, he might be more valuable though.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.