Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 decade ago

can birth control pills cause fatty liver?

just recently, i found out that i have a fatty liver.

i've been taking BCPs for about a year and a half now, and even just until a couple of months ago, my liver function was fine.

is it possible that the bcps have caused the build up of fat in my liver? or is it more likely that there is another cause?

thanks!

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

no fatty liver is caused by:

Fatty liver is commonly associated with alcohol or metabolic syndrome (diabetes, hypertension, obesity and dyslipidemia) but can also be due to any one of many causes[2][3]:

Metabolic

Abetalipoproteinemia, glycogen storage diseases, Weber-Christian disease, Wolman disease, acute fatty liver of pregnancy, lipodystrophy

Nutritional

Malnutrition, total parenteral nutrition, severe weight loss, refeeding syndrome, jejuno-ileal bypass, gastric bypass, jejunal diverticulosis with bacterial overgrowth

Drugs and toxins

Amiodarone, methotrexate, diltiazem, highly active antiretroviral therapy, glucocorticoids, tamoxifen, environmental hepatotoxins (e.g. phosphorus, toxic mushroom)

Other

Inflammatory bowel disease, HIV, Hepatitis C especially genotype 3.

Source(s): wiki pedia.
  • 4 years ago

Fatty liver disease affects a whopping 30% of the population. That's 30 out of every 100 people! And some estimates have it at 33%.

And if you're overweight, it's even worse overweight people are extremely more likely than healthy weight individuals to develop this condition.

In other words, you're not alone. Not by a long shot.

Other fatty liver sufferers have reversed their condition, lost weight, and rediscovered their energy, using completely natural remedies. And that means you can, too!

Keep reading to discover more...

• NerDy
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

BCPs are safe and formulated not to cause anyone bodily harm. Your fatty liver must have been caused by something else. See a doctor.

• 4 years ago

resistance bands are a comfortable and affordable at home exercise option for strength straining

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

1 hour of dancing

• 4 years ago

instead of a margarita opt for tequila on the rocks with a lime wedge

• 4 years ago

take a lap around the grocery store before you start shopping

• Jacki
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Don t attach to your cell phone when you re at the gym

• 4 years ago

find an eating schedule that works for you every day and stick to it

• 4 years ago

volunteer to deliver meals or help build housing

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.