Can I freeze leftover white wine?

I have some dry white wine leftover from dinner tonight - about half a bottle. I was wondering if I could freeze it in ice cubes or something and use it in cooking at a later date.

Otherwise, how long would it keep in the fridge for?

I've never had leftover wine before!

Best Answer

You can freeze it. There is not a high alcohol content and it will

freeze. In fact there were recipies in Martha Stewarts magazine

several years back that she suggested several ways to use it

later. Cooking with wine or just as an ice cube when you used

the next bottle.

You can also just put a top on it and consume it with in a week

or so. It is not like red wine that needs to have the air pumped

out and then it still is not as good the second day or time...

Wine keeps well enough if you replace the cap or cork. The alcohol may evaporate over a week or two when the bottle is opened but the flavour should still be there and perfectly alright for cooking.

I use a bottle a month, most of it used in cooking, and still drinkable to the last drop. Never had a spoilt bottle yet.

Leftover wine is a mystery to me!

You don't have to freeze it if you still have the cork (or cap!) You can keep the wine in the refrigerator for quite a while without it turning.

But to your question, yes, you can freeze it into ice cubes and use it for cooking.

For drinking purposes, 3 days max - I have never frozen wine for later use in cooking, I just leave on the counter for up to 2 weeks. I like your idea though, might just give that a try.

No, your wine won't freeze properly unless you use it to make a wine sauce that you then freeze...........the wine alone won't work. It will keep as is in your fridge for a few days and be drinkable or cookworthy but an outstanding option is to use it as is instead of vinegar or lemon for a fabulous vinaigrette dressing/sauce.

Put it in your ice cube tray and freeze it. Then put the frozen cubes in a Ziplock bag. They will last forever with no deterioration of flavor and will be in a convenient size for recipes.

white wine will last for ages when refrigerated, it comes in handy for cooking recipes..

• bard

Leftover wine?

I don't know what that is.

Seal it and refrigerate.

Don't freeze.