Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

I like a guy from work but, I don't know if he's interested?

However I never approached him about it because I was afraid of being rejected and I don't want things to become akward between us. My friend went anyways and mentionned it to him in an email because she thought that he liked me also. The guy replied with "iite thnx for the info". I was hoping he would atleast call, msg me or something but he hasen't. I'm waiting for him to make a move...

It's been 3 days since my friend mentionned to him that I like him. If he liked he back wouldn't he have appraoched me by now? Is this his way of saying that's he's not interested? Should I wait longer or should I move on? I really like this guy, buh I don't know what to do from here...

Favorite Answer

You're doing it allll wrong, baby girl. Dropping hints, chasing the guy with emails via your friends, hoping he'd make moves, call,etc...are ALL WHAT YOU WANT HIM TO DO, but helas, HE IS NOT DOING ANY OF IT. Have you asked yourself why? Because he's not interested or else, has a girlfriend on the outside and has a liking for you. Ignore him for the meantime and if he doesn't do anything soon, then, please, let this drop. A guy will be a man and hunt you down if he's really ALL THAT INTO YOU. Please back down and get yourself some respect.

• Angie

I think once the guy knows you're interested, there is no point in pursuing him, as he would make it known he is interested back by coming around.

Perhaps if you just smile at him a lot and look interested then he will see you as a possibility. If he doesn't reciprocate soon, then you could probably write him off.

Good luck!

maybe he thought she was messing... i've had things like that done to me - "my friend likes you"... and when you contact them, you get them laughing at you...

perhaps you need to contact him yourself and make him aware that it IS you and not someone messing him around...