What are some good children's book?

that I can read to both a 5 year old boy and an 8 year old girl, thank you.

Favorite Answer

Love You Forever, Robert Munsch

No Dragons for Tea, Jean Pendziwol and Martine Gourbault (a fire safety book, the whole thing rythmes it's really cute)

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, by Judith Viorst and Ray Cruz

The Hockey Sweater, Roch Carrier, Sheldon Cohen, and Sheila Fischman

and all the Shel Silverstein poetry books are an excellent introduction to poetry for kids. My kids were that age when I bought them for them (because they were my favorite when I was a kid) and they still love those books, as teens. They encourage reading because they can read a short poem then you read a long one, they're funny and weird and well...every home library should have them.

I have a 5 year old girl and 8 year old boy. I assume you mean chapter books because of the 8-year-old. Both my 5-year-old and 8-year-old were in stitches laughing at "Harry the Poisonous Centipede" recently (the sequels are pretty bad but the original is funny). All my kids, boys and girls, appreciated Junie B. Jones at 5 and would still laugh at it at 8. Or try "The Iron Giant" (a little scary for some 5-year-olds, maybe, but most will like it). Or "My Father's Dragon." Depending on how much the 5-year-old has been read to, you might be able to try something harder, but all of those choices are pretty easy chapter books that almost any 5-year-old will appreciate but still are fun enough for an 8-year-old.

Jumanji

Where The Wild Things Are

The Giving Tree

Goodnight Moon

Alexander and the no good...day or something

Anything Dr. Seuss

Animalia

Everyone Poops cause its freaking hilarious

The Napping House - I LOVED THIS DAMN BOOK SO MUCH

The Stinky Cheese

Hop On Pop- daughters favorite

aw man I'm regressing now how am i going to be an adult tomorrow?

My son is 7, almost 8, and for the past year he has loved me reading the Magic Tree House chapter books to him. I find myself enjoying them too. Plus I really like that they are educational as well as fun for kids. Junie B. Jones books make him laugh as well, and I have to admit, I'm often laughing too. Our newest find was A to Z Mysteries series -- we've read three of those books and found them to be pretty good as well.

Definitely where the wild things are, dr seuss, and guess how much i love you is beautiful. Little Golden Books are lovely, simple versions of alice in wonderland,and any of the other classics are great. Visit your local library and find a million wonderful adventures

The Indian in the cupboard

The Littles

The Light in the Attic (poetry, wonderful and fun!)

The Magic Tree House (series)

Charlot's Web

You can also simply take them to the library and have them pick out their own.

Shark in the park by nick sharatt- this is a cooky book that kids will love, i read it to my five your old son and this is one of his favorites

Harry Potter - and you'll enjoy them yourself :-)

I also have a Roald Dahl collection which is great fun for them.

if you give a mouse a cookie :)