Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCycling · 1 decade ago

HOW TO FIX MY BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

I WAS TRYING TO UNTANGLE MY BIKE AND USALLY IM GOOD IT IT BUT I CANT SEEMS TO UNTANGLE MY IKE. I REALLY WANT TO RIDE IT TO LOSE WEIGHT. HOW CAN I BREAK IT SO I CAN PUT A NEW ONE ON IT IM 12 AND MY DAD WONT HELP ME. THX I CAN DO IT MY SELF THO

THE CHANGE.OR IN OTHER WORD THE TOOL THAT MAKED UR BIKE MOVE WHEN U PADDLE

I MEANT CHAIN

Best Answer

Untangle what? Break what to put a new what on? So wait when do you fix something by breaking it?

Edit:

You mean the chain that you pedal? Unless you have some kind of kayak or canoe bike hat you paddle. Just cut the chain and buy a new one. How is it tangled?

Chains do get tangled up. But if it got tangled on the bike then you can untangle it without having to "break" the chain. Patiently work the chain in different directions and you will see it begins to straighten out. I bet you can do this yourself as well and how proud you will be when you do it. Try to remember what the chain should look like untangled and keep that it mind as you work on it. If need be, look at some pictures of chains on the web, look at chains on bikes in a store, or check out a bike book from your library. BTW, don't over-oil or grease your chain. That makes for a real mess and in reality very little is needed. When you start to hear some squeaking put one drop of bike oil on each link, rotate a few times and wipe off the excess with an old rag. You could be a "budding" mechanic.

Source(s): 14 years bike mechanic for a non-profit and many more years of riding bikes.

there should be a little thing in back by the back wheel that sort of sticks out and holds the chain, there should also be a gear on it that is small, mabe 3 inches in diameter. this is the deralour (i misspelled that). this changes the gears. If you push this in twards the petals(crankshaft) it will loosen the chain and make it easyer to "untangle"

Source(s): Hardcore Mountin biker

You need to buy a chain breaker.

Source(s): I speak Yahoo Answers.

you need to tighten the chain man