Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

hi.my name is brooke. i weigh 240 pounds and im only 13.plz dont criticize me. i need help to lose weight.?

im entering the 9th grade this school year.ive tried eating smart choice meals but i only like 1 of them. plz help me. i really wanna shed at least 50 pounds before school starts.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Weight loss is an overall process and there are no magic answers. Pay no attention to weight loss supplements and pills and all the latest fads. You need to think about many factors but most of them are related to issues we've known about for a very long time. There are many sensible things you can do that will make a tremendous difference over the long term if you need to lose weight. It can be done in a healthy way. This is what has worked for me.

Keeping a food journal really does help. It will give you a much better sense of how much you are eating, and when, and why.

Make a few additional small changes - walk everywhere, always use stairs instead of elevators, walk on escalators, get up and move around at least once an hour if your work or your life in general is sedentary, walk every day, use a pedometer. Walking 10,000 steps a day is a really good idea. Build up to a long brisk walk everyday, or most days. Be more active and watch less TV and spend less time on the computer. Buy one piece of exercise equipment to have at home and be strict with yourself about using it. Sometimes you can find mini-steppers or exercise bikes at second hand stores and thrift stores for just a few dollars.

Start a weight lifting routine. Join a gym. Possibly you can find one that has someone who specializes in weight lifting programs for beginners. Weight lifting will increase your metabolism as well as improve posture and appearance overall. Even if you can't get to the gym you can work out at home using things around the house. Invest in a good weight training book. The Dummies series actually has a good one.

In terms of diet, cut out or reduce things like junk food, pop, fat, fast food. Eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meat, fish. Particularly if you choose a vegetarian lifestyle include natural peanut butter, hummus, dried fruit and nuts. Pay close attention to getting the nutrients your body needs to be healthy.

Make your portion sizes smaller. Use a smaller plate - in our society we have become accustomed to thinking that we need a large plate of food at every meal, and we don't. About quarter of your plate of food should be protein and at least half of it should be veggies.

Learn to count calories. At your current weight and activity level, you may possibly need about 2000 calories or more to maintain your current weight. So you will lose weight at a reasonable and healthy rate if you cut back to about 1600 or 1700 calories a day.

Eat small amounts frequently, rather than three large meals. Never skip breakfast. Include some protein in your breakfast. It will help get you through the day.

Drink plenty of water, at least 8 big glasses of water a day, and more if it is very hot, if you sweat a lot, or if you are exercising intensely, and eliminate fruit juices. Fruit juices have too many calories, so get your vitamins from fresh fruit, not the juice. You will begin to see changes in your body.

Vary your routines. Don't eat the same number of calories every day (vary your calories from 1400 a day to 1900 or 2000 some days), eat a variety of foods, and do different kinds and amounts of exercise. You will lose weight much more efficiently if you mix things up from time to time so that your body doesn't adjust to any one routine.

An area that many people overlook is getting enough sleep. You are much more likely to overeat or to binge eat if you are tired and not well rested, so get enough sleep.

Check out websites about nutrition, exercise, weight training, etc.

• 4 years ago

There are more tips and info. Some say low carb. Some say high carb. Some say it's how much food. Some say it's how much exercise. But none of these covers the whole picture. How to lose weight naturally is not rocket science. It just takes accepting the facts of these seven natural laws of weight loss, plus good old-fashioned stick-to-itiveness. Seven Laws of How to Lose Weight Naturally 1. Make a commitment to whatever it takes. 2. Start from a foundation of happiness. 3. Design your own healthy diet plan. 4. Manage your emotions. 5. Find a way to exercise daily. 6. Keep a Journal. 7. Be persistent. Good Luck and Take care :-)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Anyone who is in shape (not skinny) works out. Being in shape requires some sacrifices and some hard work. "The people that look the best are the ones who can tolerate the most pain". I don't know where I heard that but its true. You need to workout to cure your problem in the long run. Dieting does not work. You need to exercise at least 3-5 times a week or more depending on how you want to look. Nutrition is important as well. Good food will make you want to work out because it will give you the energy.

Source(s): I am a personal trainer. Talk to one.
  • 1 decade ago

Brooke, I know how you feel, excersise, I know easier said hten done. Try doing 20 push ups 10 jumping jacks and 20 sit ups and slam 10 ounces of water as soon as you get out of bed in the morning and that will give your metabolism a jump start and every week add 5 to it, and before you knpw it you will have lost 10 punds

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

stick with natural foods like fruits and veggies, fresh cut meats and fish. avoid anything in a can, and those microwavable meals. theyre no good. they still contain plenty of sodium which helps create cellulite and make you more thirsty. avoid things with aspartame (makes you crave junk foods) and exercise. you can ask your doctor to help you create a healthy diet plan (because you dont want to starve yoursrlf) and try to include a MINIMUM of 30 mins of a workout everyday. the best way to start is to go for walks.

also...you dont have to cut out things like chocolates and candy..just have some once a week or so.

• Joel S
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

how about walking in your neighboorhood or at your local park. I also think drinking alot of water is good. Don't eat ice cream, chips, etc every day. Try to go 3 days a week w/o it. You're not in college yet so it will not be nearly as hard for you as it would be for someone well in their 20s.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you want to lose 7-10 pounds in one week, or 20-30 pounds in a month, there are 3 things you must do.

1)Cut calories and carbohydrates

2)Boost your metabolism with high-intensity exercise

3)Burn calories with bodyweight exercises

Let’s start by looking at your diet. If you are eating bread, pasta, sugar, juices, breakfast cereals, and muffins, then you are keeping your weight high and you’ll never lose fat quickly.

The first thing to do is to start using interval training to burn fat fast. Interval training is better than cardio if you want to lose fat quickly, especially if you want to lose belly fat. In fact, you can burn belly fat in half the time using research proven interval training.

All you need to do are 3 short workouts of 20 minutes of intervals per week. You don’t need 7 hours of cardio. You can find out more about how to do interval training in the Turbulence Training for fat loss workouts. And yes, even beginners can do interval training with my methods.

On the 3 of the days in the week where you don’t do interval training, you can do fat burning bodyweight circuits. Bodyweight circuits can be done at home with little or no equipment, and by combining the benefits of resistance training and interval training, these circuits will help you lose fat quickly.

Beginners can start with dozens of exercises that can be done lying down on a mat. I know it sounds crazy, but you can get an incredible workout just lying on the floor.

Fast Weight Loss Tips, Quickest Way to Burn Fat, How to Gain Muscle Fast?

http://www.AboutTurbulenceTraining.com

• 1 decade ago

u know to be honest i hav tried tons of different pills , diets and exercise programs and the easiest , fastest and safest way i found to lose weight was just to eat alot smaller portions . i know it sounds simple and it is a little hard at first but if u stick with it soon u don't mind eating less . What i done is i didn't eat a portion bigger than my hand for all my meals and the weight just fell off and soon i didn't mind eatin less at all

• 1 decade ago

You don't say anything about exercise. Try maybe getting a buddy to walk with. I find walking is the best exercise. Start out slow, maybe 15 minutes or so. Good luck!

• Russ
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

WAtch what you eat, do lots of activity and most important talk to your parents and doc to get you the right nutritional balance.

Remember it did not happen over night and you can't fix it over night!

Also if it's genetics, their may be little you can change. Talk to your mom! Good Luck

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.