abuse problems... pease help me!?

my dad emotionally abuses me. i don't want to sound gay, but he is racist, sexist, and homophobic. i am not either of those things.

sometimes when he comes home from work, i'll leave the door open so our cat can look outside. if he comes home and i am with my mom or even one of my brothers, he'll ask very nicely for us to keep the door shut. if its just my brothers and my mom, he'll do the same thing. if i'm alone in there when he gets home he'll start yelling at me, even if i didn't leave it open. he will wait untill i start to cry then yell at me for crying.

it has gotten so bad within the past year or so that i started cutting myself and i am very depressed much of the time. i am only 13 and i don't see how i can ive with the guy for at least 5 more years. i don't know what to do. i am NOT talking to him and i don't want to call child services or any other kind of number.

Favorite Answer

wow this is pretty bad. if you have a school counselor I would talk to him/her. this is what i did wen i had problems wen my parents were divorcing. this helps a lot. try to stay with friends on the weekends and stay away from your dad as much as possible. you may need to call child services. tell your mom about this. also, you may want to sign up for counseling outside of your school. you might not want to tell our dad about this. I hope I've helped.

Source(s): Experience.

Talk to your mom about this its not good for you to be on edge all the time. You need to get someone close to you involved its not healthy emotionally and your so young the cutting is sign that your at your breaking point. Talk to someone close and confide in them you can't just let this go on without anyone intervening.

• Kylez

Try Talking to your mom about it or even your brothers! Talk to a Grandma or a best friends parents! You need to solve this problem or just say to your dad can you please stop yelling at me there is no reason for you to yell at me! Good Luck Hope I helped!

OK number one you got to stop cutting yourself and i went through the same thing your going have to fight him not like punch (unless he punches you) but like your going to have to put him in his place show him this is not right. I'm not saying disrespect your dad but you got to stand your ground. Also your mom and brothers should back you up.

Its time for your mother to step up and do some thing. I really feel for you. Try talking to your mother or see if you can live with other family.

You need to try to speak with your mom about it. If she won't act then you need to call cps. Think about it you are cutting yourself! That is not healthy! He needs to get counseling and face the consequences for his actions.

well, my mom and me went through the same thing before you kicked me out last october. and im cutting but trying soooo hard to stop. good luck to you. and i wish you the best. message me if you wanna. maybe i can help. we share the same experience :]

Have you told your mom? Maybe if it really is as bad as you say you could go live with an aunt or grandparent..You shouldnt be hurting yourself you have so much to live for!

tell him to shut the f up and get a life ask him does it make him special doing that to you and tell someone or get it recorded like bring ur phone out and record it.

first stop cutting uself. second talk to your mom and your dad together and if that doesnt work threaten that youll call the police if he doesnt stop.