I really, really want to play Molly Brown this fall!?

A community youth theatre in my area is doing "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" this fall. I feel like I have a fairly good chance of getting the role of Molly Brown, but I want to really research into the character and the songs from the show, etc. I want the director to know that I'm super passionate about getting this part. Any advice, comments, links to websites that could help me?

Also for the audition I need a 1-minute monologue...any suggestions? I want it to hint that I want Molly Brown, so maybe something from a similar character (but not from the same show)? Thanks so much!

Favorite Answer

You will get many women monologues on net, just ask.

Margaret Brown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaShe became known after her death as The Unsinkable Molly Brown, although she was not called .... The Unsinkable Molly Brown: 1964 film based on the musical. ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Brown - Cached - Similar -

The Unsinkable Molly Brown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaMargaret Brown, known as The Unsinkable Molly Brown an American socialite, philanthropist, and activist who became famous as one of the survivors of the ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unsinkable_Molly_Brown - Cached - Similar -

More results from en.wikipedia.org »

The Unsinkable Molly Brown (1964)Writers: Helen Deutsch (writer) Richard Morris (play). Contact: View company contact information for The Unsinkable Molly Brown on IMDbPro. ...

www.imdb.com/title/tt0058708/ - Cached - Similar -

The Unsinkable Molly Brown - Original Trailer 1964

3 min 13 sec - 5 Dec 2008 -

Meredith Willson's second Broadway hit (the first and biggest was The Music Man) proved a lucrative vehicle for the equally unsinkable Debbie ...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHq0QE6UOIY -

Molly Brown | HomeLearn about the life and times of "Unsinkable" Molly Brown in her restored Victorian home in Denver, Colorado.

www.mollybrown.org/ - Cached - Similar -

(The Unsinkable) Molly BrownThe woman who later became known as the Unsinkable Molly Brown was born Margaret Tobin in 1867. Her birthplace is at Denkler Alley and Butler Street in ...

www.distinguishedwomen.com/biographies/brown-m.html - Cached - Similar -

Source(s): Google.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

A community youth theatre in my area is doing "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" this fall. I feel like I have a fairly good chance of getting the role of Molly Brown, but I want to really research into the character and the songs from the show, etc. I want the director to know that I'm...

Source(s): play molly brown fall: https://biturl.im/HK8vk