Why is god against science?

or at least the catholic church? There is a repeated repeted history since the book of genesis with God prohibiting the knowlege of good and evil from humanity. alchemists, the first types of chemists (chemists mixed with magic, woooo... magic tricks) were persecuted and killed by the catolic church. The church... show more or at least the catholic church?
There is a repeated repeted history since the book of genesis with God prohibiting the knowlege of good and evil from humanity. alchemists, the first types of chemists (chemists mixed with magic, woooo... magic tricks) were persecuted and killed by the catolic church. The church was also outraged by Newton's work, I'm like "WTF man?!"
so I'll give 11 points to the first person that answers why this happens other than "God works in misterious ways" or "the bible says -insert bible reference here-" give me a logical explonation on why God would want to stop humanity's progress.
(also, please don't bother me with "that's spelled wrong, I don't care)

ALL answers get a thumbs up from me : )
Update: (electricity and AL technology came from science, so would you give that up so that you could live as the catolic god comands from the begining of time?)