scattante asked in SportsCycling · 1 decade ago

Where is the best place to get free souvenirs in the Tour de France?

I'm going to the Tour de France this summer and I don't know what part of the stage you can get good souvenirs from. Can you get them from the beginning, the end, or at any point of the stage? I don't mind paying for souvenirs but of course, I always prefer the free stuff. I'm going to the town of Le Grand-Bornand if that helps. Please tell me any info that you know. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

The beginning is the best place. The sponsors are all there throwing things to the fans. The end is good, too, but it's a bit more crowded. You could also wait after the feed-zone and hope for a tossed musette bag or a bottle.

• McG

Stand along the route and hope for a tossed water bottle to scavenge. Are there any free souvenirs any more?

• MPPRH

The caravan is the commercial parade that distributes freebies. It precedes the TdF by about 1hr 30.

ww.letour.fr gives the arrival times of the caravan and race at each junction.

Peter

Source(s): Local knowledge !