Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

Do u think that learning arabic is a "must"?

salam :)

29 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

untill a certian level....

It is usefull to know basic Arabic for in normal life... In case of need...

============================

We put the following question to Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Jibreen:

Is it obligatory for non-Arabs to learn Arabic?

He, may Allaah preserve him, replied as follows:

They have to learn as much as they need for Islamic purposes, how to pronounce the words and what they mean, such as the Takbeer, al-Faatihah and al-Tasbeehaat – those that are obligatory in the prayer and for other duties.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Learning Arabic isn't a must.. Though it is highly encouraged if one is able. You could get by with just using transliteration. But you'd still be missing out on a lot IMO by not learning arabic properly. Plus it's encouraged for one to read the Qur'an. Which no translation or transliteration can ever do justice, to reading it in its true form. As well as helping with prayers. Even with transliteration, without knowing basic arabic you don't pronounce the words correctly.

So while learning Arabic isn't a must. There are many strong reasons why one should endeavor to learn it

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not for everyone, Allah speaks all languages. Only a racist in violation of Qur'an would argue that everyone must learn Arabic to read Qur'an or have their prayers accepted.

Mahdi must learn Arabic or gather an associate who knows Arabic well so that he may provide a correct interpretation and translation of Qur'an to replace the faulty parts that have been misinterpreted and mistranslated from the Arabic in use 1400 years ago.

Source(s): Qur'an and reason
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

how would u pary?

how would you read the quran?

if u just say words that don't means anything to u then there is no point of saying them

in the afterlife everyone will be speaking in arabic even if they never spoke a word in their life

so i think yes its a must, don't u wanna understand what allah said in the quaran??? sometime the translations can be wrong. the arabic language can be interpreted in many ways, so the translation can say something when in arabic it could also mean something elese.

sorry been blabbing on for quite a bit now so i'll shut up

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I'm not sure if it's a MUST but why wouldn't you want to? It's a beautiful language and the language of the Holu Qur'an...

I started taking arabic lessons as soon as I decided Islam was the religion for me! (I don't come from a muslim family)

It was very difficult and I strive to improve my arabic every day but it's well worth it! =)

• 1 decade ago

it's not a must.

but it's the language of the holy Qura'an, and i am telling you Arabic is vivid with expressions. and a single word could have many meanings. and when u read the qura'an in Arabic it's a whole different experience.

Arabic is prophet Mohammed's language.

so go ahead and i will help u

• 6 years ago

Learn Arabic just the way people talk! There is an excellent book

Tunisian Arabic in 24 Lessons

Check out the blog:

http://tunisianarabic24.blogspot.com/

• 1 decade ago

It is not must, it is only desirable. It makes you understand some religious laws and principles easier since most of them were written in Arabic.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if you want to truly know the meaning of the quran and hadiths which are written in arabic then you should learn it... you cant truly 100% translate the quran word for word in any other language. its a beautiful language. its the language allah sent down the quran in. its the language our prophet spoke. its the language that the quran and hadiths are originally written in. its the language all the scholars spoke even if they originally spoke another language... so yes, its very important.

anyone who says bad against this must think that they are better then all mentioned above... astagfarullah!

• 1 decade ago

I can read it

i can write it

but i cant understand it :(

without a translator

and thats the worst thing about it because id love to be able to understand what the quraan says and the alims are talking about without having to read the translation!!

i dont think its a must or farz even

but i think its worth learning

and striving for :)

Source(s): Muslim Sis. x
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.