•1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
•2 cups sugar
•2 teaspoons vanilla extract
•3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
•1 cup all-purpose flour
•1/2 teaspoon baking powder
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•1 cup chopped nuts(optional)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
2. Place butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until melted. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with spoon after each addition. Add cocoa; beat until well blended. Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat well. Stir in nuts, if desired. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Frost if desired. Cut into bars. About 36 brownies.
Sensational Peppermint Pattie Brownies
•24 small (1-1/2 inch) YORK Peppermint Patties
•1-1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter or margarine, melted
•3 cups sugar
•1 tablespoon vanilla extract
•2 cups all-purpose flour
•1 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
•1 teaspoon baking powder
•1 teaspoon salt
1. Heat oven to 350°F.(325°F. for glass baking dish). Remove wrappers from peppermint patties. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
2. Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl. Add eggs; beat until well blended. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; blend well. Reserve 2 cups batter. Spread remaining batter in prepared pan. Arrange peppermint patties about 1/2 inch apart in single layer over batter. Spread reserved 2 cups batter over patties.
3. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into squares. About 36 brownies.