Anyone know a girl named David?

Does anyone know of a girl named David (and likely called Davy)? If so, I would like to know if they were teased as a child. Please do not speculate or give opinions... I've received plenty of that :-)

My name isn't David (it's Joseph oddly enough). I was considering the name David for a girl, though. It apparently was not as uncommon as I thought, at least through most of the 20th century...

http://www.baby-girl-names.org/d/david.htm

Favorite Answer

yes i have a very close friend and her name is david.

shes very pretty and outgoing so people dont make fun of her.

she told me that she was named after her father who died when her mother wwas pregnant.

Only A Boy Named David

Is your name David? I've not heard of that name but was actually wanting to know what people felt here because I wanted to use Joseph as the middle name for my daughter in honor of my late grandfather. I think Davy is endearing, it's a very interesting mix. But I think if you can name a boy Kelley, you can name a girl whatever you like... people have to stop making fun of names. I'm sure there's a very special meaning behind it and think it's nice to take that leap and mold a new outlook on naming children no matter the gender.

My name is David and I'm an 18 yr old girl

I love the name Noah David! I can't honestly say that I like either name. Holly Rose: cute name, but i don't think that Holly will age well, seems kinda little girlish and Rose is a very pretty name and i think it needs a prettier more classic, simple first name, such as Kate, Elizabeth, Grace, or Sienna. Blair Louise: definatly don't like this name at all. Louise is not a cute, modern name at all, and Blair isn't pretty.

My name is David and I met a young lady officer in the Army who s middle name was David. I considered Davida for my daughter but received some push back so I relented.

I would assume any little girl named David would be teased.

How do you like the female version? Davina? You could still call her Davy with quite a slimmer chance of her being teased for having a very common boys name..

or

Davelle

Davette

Daviticus

Davey

Davis

Davinia

Daviniah

Best of luck!

A girl I went to school with was Davina. Also in a novel I read the heroine was Daveen, and she was called Davey

Another possibility....Dayna which I like a lot....a friend of mine whose Dad was David and her Mom was Dawna

I have only known boys named David.

• Anyone who calls their daughter Joseph or David are awful cruel people who don't deserve to have kids.

I knew a girl called Davis (her last name) and wasn't teased too much. She was very athletic which is why she was called by her last name. Sorry can't be of more help.