Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 decade ago

Is it illegal to dress like a cop in order to score free donuts?

Favorite Answer

Very Illegal

((Edit: I "Dress up like a cop" daily, though I am not a cop, and I have to be very careful not to represent myself as such. I have even turned down "Law Enforcement" discounts (yes they get discounts and don't anyone dare say they don't deserve them) from stores.))

Source(s): 16 years as a Public Safety Officer

Yes it is if you pretend to be a police officer. You wont get into trouble unless you try to arrest someone or question someone/ act like a real police officer. That would be illegal. On halloween people expect fake police costumes but the danger on a regular day is that someone may come up to you with an emergency because they think you are a real police officer. You wont get anything free from anywhere just for being a cop.

You could probably buy a year's worth of donuts with the money you'd spend on a uniform and accessories that would be enough to convince someone you're a cop.

Maybe you could put on a Spider-Man costume and convince Mary Jane Watson to kiss you in the rain, though. That might be more fulfilling than free donuts.

Yes it's illegal and it's wrong to fool any donut shop or bakery by dressing up as a police officer just get a free donut.Not worth getting caught by a real police officer and that is stealing.

• It would be illegal since you are trying to extort free donuts.

Yes, that would be called Impersonating an Officer. And if you were going to do it, why go for donuts? Get in your car and pull over cute girls/guys (depending on your preference) to frisk them.

• Sheila

Yes. Just go to WalMart and getcha one for 50 cents, in normal clothes.

Yes it is.

That is called Impersonatiing a polic officer and it is a felony.

It would be called impersonating a police officer, regardless of the motivation. Yes.

No It Isn't,

kids do it at Halloween to get free candy.