Marine corps reserve called to Active duty?

I'm interested in joining the marine corps reserves. I've already talked to a recruiter about joining the reserves, i have another appointment with him tomorrow but i had a few questions that have been on my mind since earlier this morning and i was curious if anyone had any answers for me. I'm still... show more I'm interested in joining the marine corps reserves. I've already talked to a recruiter about joining the reserves, i have another appointment with him tomorrow but i had a few questions that have been on my mind since earlier this morning and i was curious if anyone had any answers for me. I'm still going to ask my recruiter tomorrow but curiosity has the best of me right now and i can't wait until 4 tomorrow night.

I realize the risks of joining the reserves. I could be called to active duty at any given moment, but i'm ok with that... I just want to know.

I'm currently and full-time college student so i'd really just like to be a reserve until i get my degree, then switch over to active duty. I'll be a junior in college this coming semester.

Does anyone know if the marine corps reserve is getting called to active duty right now? I know they were a few years back, but i'm not sure if they still are or not. Does being a fulltime college student or a junior help me out?

Also, I scored in the 94th percentile on my ASVAB, does that help me out? Do certain careers with the reserve put me a higher risk to called to Active duty? Are there any other underlying factors that could contribute to me getting called to active duty?