NCIS series - DiNozzo's nickname for McGee?

On the NCIS DiNozzo has a nickname for McGee thats something like Pro-V or Pro-B. Im not sure. What is the correct name and its meaning?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

probie - as in probationer, a name he is still called (gibbs first partner mike franks still calls jethro this)

dinozzo also called tim, mc geek, magoo,

• 1 decade ago

A probie is a term normally used by firefighters to describe a rookie. No matter how long he works at his job, or how good he is at the job, the senior worker will always call him a probie. The newbie always follows the senior workers orders. dinozzo is always telling mcgee what to do.

• Karen
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Tony DiNozzo

• Anna
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Probie, standing for probationary officer. He started calling McGee that when he first joined Gibbs' team. It's traditionally what the senior field agent/boss calls the member of the team that is what McGee is to Gibbs' team; I think Gibbs' old Boss, Mike Franks, still calls Gibbs that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Probie because one starts as a Probationary Agent. Coincidently it is the same nickname Mike Franks had (and still has) for Gibbs.

• 1 decade ago

Probie. It means Probationary Officer. He also uses any word or phrase with Mc in front of it, though McGeek and McGoo are more commonly used.

Source(s): NCIS addict.
  • 1 decade ago

Probie is the correct name. I don't know the meaning behind it though. I think it's another way of saying "newbie" or something.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.