Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

is 36 weeks or 37 weeks thats considered full term, i heard some people say both, so just wondering?

Thank you

Favorite Answer

40 to 41 weeks is really full term but your baby is ready and will not be considered premature if you have it at 36 weeks or above.

ive heard 37 weeks and 38 weeks were considered full term. never 36 weeks.

Source(s): 39 weeks with a baby girl =]

My doctor says 36 weeks is considered full term. Both doctors from both pregnancies as well as all the nurses that have asked me in what week my son was born said 36 weeks.

on the top of 36 weeks you're evaluate finished term: finished-term is 37 to 40 two weeks; toddlers born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 40 two are post-this means that throughout the adventure that your toddler arrives now at 37 weeks, his lungs could be completely mature and in a position to conform with existence outdoors the womb, even nevertheless your due date continues to be 3 weeks away.

My hospital says 37 weeks is full term. When I was having a hard pregnancy with my second they told me they were hoping I could at least make it to 37 weeks/ full term to induce labor.

36 weeks no but 37 weeks and 4 days and up yes.

As far as I know, and I could be totally wrong, you're full term at 38 weeks [as a due date can be off by two weeks either way.] At 36 weeks, doctors normally won't stop labor if you go into it on your own, but many won't induce before 38 weeks unless there's a medical emergency.

• ive been told 37 weeks is full term because the lungs are finally developed at 37 weeks

• 36 for it not to be considered premature, and it is fully developed. The last month the baby pretty much just gains weight. 36 is "full term" but 40 is "to term"

my doc says 37 weeks