Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Our miniature pinscher has an unknown condition?

She is getting red spots on her body which explode and her skin begins to fall off in small chunks. The spots become very bloody and oosey. The vet doesn't know what it is, what could this be?

Favorite Answer

Could it be something similar to mange?

Get her to another vet.

Wow. I find it hard to believe that a Humane Society would give you papers for a dog. I thought they were void when the dog comes from a shelter..... Hope they didn't overcharge you for the dog! You have a Minpin. Most German Pinschers are much larger than 20 pounds. After doing Minpin rescue for many years, the smallest Minpin I ever saw was 4 pounds, and the largest was 25 pounds. I have myself fostered a Minpin who was 22 pounds with zero body fat. You have a poorly bred, probably puppy mill Minpin, there are thousands out there. Over 20" is a fault for the German Pinscher. And weight is not usually a factor in breed standard if the measurements are correct, so what your dogs weighs is irrelevant. "Size, Proportion, Substance Size- the ideal height at the highest point of the withers for a dog or ***** is 17 - 20 inches. Size should be penalized in accordance with the degree it deviates from the ideal. Quality should always take precedence over size. Faults- under 17 inches or over 20 inches. Proportion- squarely built in proportion of body length to height. The height at the highest point of the withers equals the length of the body from the prosternum to the rump. Substance- muscular with moderate bone."

If somebody with medical training in animal medicine doesn't know then how are WE, the general public, supposed to know....I am guessing that it was too easy to think of getting a second or even a third opinion from other vets.

Get a second opinion. That sounds awful, never heard of that before.

ECZEMA. there is a dog in my grandma's building who has the same thing. they gave it medicine and crap. but she's old. go to another vet! that vet sucks butt so dont use them anymore.