Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareAdd-ons · 1 decade ago

Can you use your micro sd card like a usb memory stick ?

I'm backing up my laptop and my usb memory stick isn't big enough i need a bit more space so do you know if i can use my micro sd card in my phone to use like a memory stick to transfer files or no ? i got that thingy where you can insert the micro sd in your computer ..

and if not what else could i do ?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes you can.

Source(s): Experience
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes if you have a little adaptor where you insert the Micro SD card into then you'll be able to insert it into the USB port.

You can buy the Adaptor it is just like a Memory Stick , where a Normal SD Card can be inserted.

If you have a Cable to the Computer from the Phone or a Bluetooth device(Blue Tooth is very slow do) and the Phone Software on your Computer then you can store files directly on it.

And yes it just be read like a Memory stick or an external Hard Drive and used the same way on any Computer.

Source(s): 25 years of computing and twice the know how
  • 6 years ago

Yes, and I like them better than regular USB memory sticks, because they take up less room and fit more devices. Indeed, I often record full length movies on micro SD cards.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, you can.

The alternative would be to buy a new USB flash drive. They come in capacities up to 64 GB now, but are rather pricey for that size. 8-16 GB USB flash drives offer better value right now.

Another alternative is an external hard drive. They come in two basic types... the first is basically a hard drive that would be used in a laptop (2.5 inch) in an enclosure that plugs into a USB port and doesn't usually require an external power source such as Western Digital's Passport line of drives and currently come in capacities up to 500 GB. The other type contain one or more desktop hard drives (3.5 inch) and require external power sources and can be found in capacities up to 4 TB (4,000 GB).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes you can use your SD card, a CD-writer or DVD-writer is also useful to back up files into an Optical Media.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, it can act as USB memory stick. It will be little slow, but u can use it to back up and restore any kind of data

• Janice
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

NO! Go with a pro duo, and if possible go with one that actually says magic gate on it.. If you are planning on running any homebrew on it, anything else can and will fail.

• 1 decade ago

Dealextreme has MicroSD readers as low as $1.03 shipped.

It is so small, you need to be careful not to lose it.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11294

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You should be able to yes

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes you can.there should be no problem.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.