Jews: a question about who can wear the Star of David?

okay this may seem like a really dumb question. First I should explain myself. I am thirteen years old and wish to convert to Judaism one day. I was wondering If it would seem disrespectful for me to wear a Star of David necklace? I read in another question that someone said they were offended my a non-jew wearing... show more okay this may seem like a really dumb question. First I should explain myself. I am thirteen years old and wish to convert to Judaism one day. I was wondering If it would seem disrespectful for me to wear a Star of David necklace? I read in another question that someone said they were offended my a non-jew wearing the star of david.

However in a way I think I am under a different circustance. Unlike the other person I know its meaning and I will be Jewish someday. Would you consider that to be different.

This question right here is the one that sounds dumb. Also it depends on if people think It wouldn't be offensive for me to wearone. I don't own a star or David necklace. I have swimteam and meets and things. And this might sound odd... considering this is coming from a non-jew but on the morning of the surgery I had I drew a little Jewish star on the inside of my arm. It made me feel more powerful. Kind of like G-d was with me and I had the power to be able to get through it. But sometime when I was asleep during the surgery, I had a weird dream consisting of the jewish Population getting mad at me for wearing a jewish star and not being Jewish.

anyway when I had my swim meet and when I had an exam yesterday I had the urge to write the sign on my arm or on my body or on a peice of paper to keep in my pocket. I know it sounds strange. but i didn't do it because i didn't want to offend anyone. So please can someone tell me if I am allowed to wear The Star of David. I mean I know that there isn't going ot be some police force checking to see if i have one on when im not supposed to but i want to be respectful.

Please remember that I am 13 and even though on Y!A that doesn't exclude me from being trolled... I think it counts for sometimthing. And the Star of David has a meaning for me. I guess how some christians feel about the cross. If that makes sense. I don't mean to offend anyone. Thank you for your answers!
Update: Troll Hunter: Thank you that mean's alot.
Update 2: I would also like to add that I am in NO WAY Chrisitan. I have no intention of becoming a M. Jew. (I am not sure how to spell it for sure.) I do not believe in Jesus the way Christians do. So I am not going to double cross anyone.lol.
Update 3: DS M: sorry. You didn't help. You just confused me... what was your point-no offense. Like i said I am thirteen.. so dumb it down for me a bit. and also..what!??