On the show "Cake Boss" Buddy uses fondant on his cakes....?

Fondant is really nice. It makes the cakes look really smooth and pretty. So last night I tried to make it and it totally backfired. It was all thin and sugary. Not doughy like on the show Cake Boss. I tried again and I got the same deal. What's the big Idea? How come I can't make my fondant like dough. The way it is on the show. Does anyone have a fondant recipe that works? Like dough?

• Judi
    Favorite Answer

This is the recipe that I use: http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm It's simple, cheap and easy. The ingredients are also easy to find. It makes a dough which is very soft, and will firm up a little bit when you let it rest overnight. I use it for all of my cakes.

I know why you're having problems, there are different kinds of fondant...rolled fondant, poured fondant and fondant for candy centers. It sounds like you're using a recipe for poured fondant when you need to be using one for rolled fondant.

Fondant Recipe Cake Boss

Cake Boss Fondant

This recipe is very well rated on All Recipes:

1/4 cup butter

1 (16 ounce) package miniature marshmallows

4 tablespoons water

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 pounds confectioners' sugar, divided

Place the butter in a shallow bowl, and set aside.

Place the marshmallows in a large microwave-safe bowl, and microwave on High for 30 seconds to 1 minute to start melting the marshmallows. Carefully stir the water and vanilla extract into the hot marshmallows, and stir until the mixture is smooth. Slowly beat in the confectioners' sugar, a cup at a time, until you have a sticky dough. Reserve 1 cup of powdered sugar for kneading. The dough will be very stiff.

Rub your hands thoroughly with butter, and begin kneading the sticky dough. As you knead, the dough will become workable and pliable. Turn the dough out onto a working surface dusted with confectioners' sugar and continue kneading until the fondant is smooth and no longer sticky to the touch, 5 to 10 minutes.

Form the fondant into a ball, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight. To use, allow the fondant to come to room temperature, and roll it out onto a flat surface dusted with confectioners' sugar.

RE:

Fondant is really nice. It makes the cakes look really smooth and pretty. So last night I tried to make it and it totally backfired. It was all thin and sugary. Not doughy like on the show Cake Boss. I tried again and I got the same deal. What's the big Idea? How come I can't make my...

Source(s): show quot cake boss quot buddy fondant cakes: https://trimurl.im/a81/on-the-show-quot-cake-boss-...

If you want to eat truly healthy, lose body fat consistently, normalize your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, prevent cancer, and even boost your brain health and energy levels, you may have heard all over the news that the Paleo Diet has been found to be one of the best methods of achieving all of these benefits compared to any other popular "fad" diets out there. Go here https://biturl.im/aUBAF

The truth is that the Paleo Diet will never be considered a fad because it's just simply the way that humans evolved to eat over approximately 2 million years. And eating in a similar fashion to our ancestors has been proven time and time again to offer amazing health benefits, including prevention of most diseases of civilization such as cancer, heart disease, alzheimers, and other chronic conditions that are mostly caused by poor diet and lifestyle. One of the biggest misunderstandings about the Paleo Diet is that it's a meat-eating diet, or a super low-carb diet. This is not true

NGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

* 1 cup light corn syrup

* 1 cup shortening

* 1/2 teaspoon salt

* 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract

* 2 pounds confectioners' sugar

combine first 4 ingredients then gradually add the sugar. Knead the dough for a couple of minutes add more sugar if too sticky.

Source(s): allrecipes.com
  • arbpen

You can buy fondant already prepared. All you have to do is color it (if you want to). Wilton makes it, and Michael's has it available in their baking section.

http://www.gingerbread-house-heaven.com/fondant-re... heres a link to the recipe site I use for fondant hope it helps you.

• Jane

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awOzY

you have to cut a thin slice off the top of the cake to give it a flat look on top.then don`t roll out your fondant too thick,put it on top and gently roll over it again