please answer!!...10pts awarded do animators get oscar awards?

I am an aspiring computer animator wanting to get a job at pixar once I finish college I am a junior in high school. If I get accepted in to pixar as an animator and I was apart of a hit movie like( In the future) toy story or finding nemo will my annual salary jump from 30,000 to six figures even if I am a newbie....but the real question is do animators achieve oscar and academy awards since the made it come to life or the company owner get the award because my dream is to become animator and get an oscar

Favorite Answer

yes they do and thank you for going to work in pixar they are awesome like all them movies ans saw up on sunday :)

• Juliet

There would have to actually be such a category in order to win an award for it. Currently, the ONLY categories for the Academy Awards (Oscars) are: * Best Actor in a Leading Role * Best Actor in a Supporting Role * Best Actress in a Leading Role * Best Actress in a Supporting Role * Best Animated Film * Best Animated Short Film * Best Art Direction * Best Cinematography * Best Costume Design * Best Director * Best Documentary Feature * Best Documentary Short Subject * Best Film Editing * Best Foreign Language Film * Best Live Action Short Film * Best Makeup * Best Original Score * Best Original Song * Best Picture * Best Sound Editing * Best Sound Mixing * Best Visual Effects * Best Adapted Screenplay * Best Original Screenplay * Best Original Musical (which hasn't been awarded since 1984 due to lack of nominees) There is no award for "best animator". The animation categories are all related to the film as a whole, not the individual contributors. The statuette is usually accepted by the film's producer(s) and sometimes other members of the cast/crew, and is ultimately retained by the film's studio. They don't make statuettes for everyone involved in the film's production.

yes they have the best computer animation award all the time. if u ever get a Oscar remember this screen name. lol Wish u the best of luck man! =]

yea they do got an oscar! actally during the award u know how there are comercials well during the commercials they give out the oscars so you wont really be on tv but the people that are there will see you!!

i hope that helped.

hope you chieve your dream!!:)

I think they do, last time i watched the Oscars I think they nominated a lot of animators don't remember who or which movies it was. You can google it to see.

I think the director usually gets it, or sometimes the actors in it. Sometimes they award stuff for 'best animated picture' and extras like that.

I don't know, I don't watch the Oscar awards often.

• Sarah

yeah I know there is 1 or 2 categories for animation

they do get oscars but they are generally not shown on tv as they are not considered an important or prestigous award.

I think the screenwriters do. If you make it at Pixar, I say good for you.