Jehovah witnesses, why did Jehovah wait nearly 1800 years to form the true church?

I have been looking at the Armenian and Ethiopian churches who trace back to between one and three centuries after Christ. I am puzzled why God would not have just fixed what was wrong with these ancient churches, instead of forming a new church in America.
Update: Edit for moonlight. Thank you for your thoughts. I agree that a church is not a building. But achurch is a style and form of worship. It has doctrines and practices and traditions. My point is that the closer one looks to the time of Jesus, the purer the worship should be, and the more pleasing to Jehovah the form... show more Edit for moonlight. Thank you for your thoughts. I agree that a church is not a building. But achurch is a style and form of worship. It has doctrines and practices and traditions. My point is that the closer one looks to the time of Jesus, the purer the worship should be, and the more pleasing to Jehovah the form and substance of that worship. Are you disingenuous pointing out that a church is not a building?