What Does "You're Gonna Go Far Kid" Mean?

I listen to lyrics when i listen to songs. I understand every rap song i listen too. This song is rock and i listend to the lyrics i just dont get them. Please Explain

Song: You're Gonna Go Far Kid

Band; The Offspring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRxHHZEqwpw

Youtube thumbnail

• Emily
    Favorite Answer

There's apparently a conspirator who's using someone as a scapegoat to pass the chaos and aggression onto.

In layman terms: The kid's placing the blame on someone else to make up for his/her mistakes.

He makes himself look like some kind of Jesus because he never does anything wrong. Little known to his followers, he's not interested in what they want - Only what he wishes.

The fact that the kid's gonna go far, meant that using others to place the blame on will only work for so long.

Since the kid can no longer get what he wants, it's because someone knows what he's been up to, and now all of the negative attention will be drawn back to the kid.

In the end though, his followers will always side with him, so the ****** (The Kid) can dance and celebrate all he wants, because our narrator "Never had a chance" to expose him for who he really is.

But it could also be this.

This song is completely about the book lord of the flies from the perspective of Ralph the protagonist! ''Hit him right between the eyes'' and "he never had a chance" that is a reference to when Piggy gets hit in between the eyes by a rock and broke his glasses by the antagonist of the story Jack. "There's someone in your way And now someone is gonna pay" refers to when Jack loses control of the fire and lights half the forrest on fire killing another small boy. "You're gonna go far kid" refers to what Piggy told Ralph that Ralph is a good leader and will help them all be rescued. Jack also leads the other children on the island into an uproar in which they kill two of the protagonists of the story it refers to "it was only really you". ''Dance ****** dance'' is referring to when Jack, the antagonist puts mud and paint on his face and dances around a fire with a spear. The paint and mud also refers to ''a good disguise.'' When they say "i never had a chance" they are referring to when jack attacks Ralph and stabs him with a spear and just before Ralph is killed a helicopter comes down to save them. "When you walk away, nothing more to say" refers to the end of the book when they all just walked away and are all rescued. If you don't believe me read the book then listen to the song almost every single lyric can be traced back to the book.

I believe that this song can be interpreted in many different ways, but this is my opinion:

It's basically talking about how a person can manipulate others to do their own bidding and the consequences of it. For example, the main speaker talks about how a certain person can turn others against each other. He tries to earn people's trust by lying and then uses them for his own purposes. The main speaker can see through these lies, however, so this manipulator then targets the speaker and tries to get him out of the way by turning others against him (and others as well). The speaker never even had a chance to speak for himself. When he says: You're gonna go far kid, he's being sarcastic and saying that his tricks would only last so long. In the end, the people he tricked would eventually find out sooner or later.

This song is based on the novel 'Lord of the Flies', hence the reference towards the end of the lyrics.

Source(s): My favorite song

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/JPcMC

I think it might be a story or something that the band made up and if it sounds like I'm kidding I'm not haha. A lot of bands do it and I think this song is about a kid who was thrown into being a mobster or an assassin. In the chorus it says "With a thousand lies / And a good disguise / Hit em right between the eyes / Hit right between the eyes" and I think that means that the kid is a con-artist/assassin of some kind. I get that impression because it says he has a "good disguise" and he tells "a thousand lies" that makes me think he's a con-artist because a con-artist is always disguised an conniving always lying and fooling people. And when he says "Hit em right between the eyes" that leads me to believe that he is litterally killing somebody and hitting them "right between the eyes". So yea that's my take on it. Hope this helps!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Song: You're Gonna Go Far Kid

Band; The Offspring

Youtube thumbnail

Source(s): quot 39 gonna kid quot mean: https://shortly.im/kWIEj

Honestly when i hear it i think of a Sniper. "hit them right between the eyes" thats the choice spot for a sniper kill. "another clever word sets off an unsuspecting herd" Its the effect a sniper can have on an enemy group. They shoot one soldier down and the others are confused and terrified. They never know whose next. It even says drifting closer in your sights in the bridge of the song. and Dance ****er Dance is commonly what people say when teasing a target. They would shoot at the victims feet making them jump around. " and a 1000 lies and a good disguise" could mean infiltarting enemy lines in a hostiles fatigue or laying in wait in a Ghillie Suit. There are several other references to snipers/war in the song. Thx for reading!

i think its about an assasin. he's gotta lie to people to keep out of jail, and to survive. an assasin must remain hidden, but their reputation is based on their level of stealth and skill. he starts young, and has to impress his clients

• tosha

Jeff Dove and Tyrone Williams asked the same question. You should read their answers side by side.

It means you're going to succeed along the path of your aspirations, passing many milestones.

basically it means you will make it far in life and you will be successful

there will be a good future ahead of you