does lime wire crash computers?

my friend has a really diffrent pc then me and she has lime wire.i want lime wire to.will it crash my DIFFRENT computer?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

um most likely no

but its the stuff you download on limewire that is dangerous

some very i mean very dangerous stuff is on limewire like viruses and what not

so i reconmend a good antivirus

try bitdefender internet security

And always if you have questions you can contact me at addiskun@yahoo.com for questions and support

thanks you and always

~addiskun

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Limewire itself shouldn't crash a computer, it's the files you download that cause the problems. Many hackers embed nasty things inside codecs and other files to wreak havoc on your computer because they believe you are stealing. Try using Ares Galaxy instead of Limewire. Ares has better defenses for its users than Limewire. But, you will always be venerable to attack when dealing with P2P files.

• 1 decade ago

It sure can if you download the right virus! You're downloading through Limewire, not from them. Many files are malicious and illegal. Use that at your own risk. If you bought that computer and really like it, stay away from Limewire or any other P2P sites.

ALL LIMEWIRE USERS, READ THIS!!!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AgO5L...

• 1 decade ago

i have a hp pavilion and it has never crashed my computer. as long as you have a working anti-virus software you should be fine.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • no but be careful some downloaded stuff will give you viruses.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I NEVER HAD A PROB WITH LIMEWIRE HUN EVEN WITH MY NEW PUTER.. I NEVER HAD MINE CRASH ON ME.

• 1 decade ago

Yes it will!!

Source(s): Go legit! Like I-Tunes. Friend had Lime Wire and his PC kept crashing! Not to mention all the sources like viruses that you allow to enter the PC with Lime Wire. Good Luck!!!
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.