Don't you think that status given to some forms of art is overestimated?

I mean, when someone buys a painting for 1 million or 20 million dollars, what problem did that painting solve to be priced at 20 million dollars ? some people would say, cause it is painted by someone who was very famous and it has his signature on it, bla bla bla, then why not putting all these stuff in a museum,... show more I mean, when someone buys a painting for 1 million or 20 million dollars, what problem did that painting solve to be priced at 20 million dollars ? some people would say, cause it is painted by someone who was very famous and it has his signature on it, bla bla bla, then why not putting all these stuff in a museum, at least anyone can see it.

Or what will a person gain when he attends a concert for some singer ?, the thing that drives me crazy about concerts is that some people faint when they see the singer, wt.. ?

People watching a ball going around from leg to leg, then try to shoot it inside a box, it is entertaining, i agree, but does not deserve people getting high pressure for it, besides why watch it when you can play it ?

Some artists create weird looking things, then people say wow, critics say, he truly knows how to put his emotions into his work, lol, frankly, if that weird looking thing (i don't even know what to call it) will have any positive effect on my life whatsoever, then i am interested, if not, then it does not worth a penny.

"All the arts we practice are apprenticeship. The big art is our life."
M. C. Richards

So, that was me, how about you ?
Update: @ MR. Zoser: yes actually i agree with you, i do enjoy classical music, as a matter of fact, right now, while i was reading your answer, i was listening to chariots of fire, now swan lake is playing, but when people faint when they see singers like what happened with haifa several days ago, now that's way... show more @ MR. Zoser: yes actually i agree with you, i do enjoy classical music, as a matter of fact, right now, while i was reading your answer, i was listening to chariots of fire, now swan lake is playing, but when people faint when they see singers like what happened with haifa several days ago, now that's way overestimated art, if we can call it art.

As for paintings, yes i do not know their alphabet, but i've always liked Nature more, i mean what is more appealing to the eye, a natural animated painting god draws every day or another solid copy painted by some person ?, just like my avatar, i took this photo in Alex, sun rays falling on the sea, sparkling, just brilliant, the nearest form to that is an actual picture of it, then comes the paintings.
Anyway, it is the idea of selling it to people that bothers me when they can just put them all in museum.

Thanks Mr. Zoser for your answer, magnificent as usual :)

@Noha: Thank god it is not only me :)
Update 2: @ Wardah: ha ha, Nice one buying the paintings :)