Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

What makes you a Sunni? : : : Ramadan?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Sunni Islam, or Ahl al-Sunna wa’l-Jama‘ah, understands the Islamic religion as it has been passed down in an unbroken chain of transmission from teacher to student from the time of the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) until today. The way of Sunni Islam is to take the branch of Islam from living jurists who follow one of the four Sunni schools of fiqh: the Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi‘i, and Hanbali schools; the branch of Iman from living scholars belonging to one of the two Sunni schools of ‘aqida: the Ash‘ari and Maturidi schools; and the branch of Ihsan from living masters of one of the many Sufi orders that have emerged over the centuries, such as the Qadiri, Naqshbandi, Shadhili, Chishti, and Rifa‘i tariqas.

I AM A SUNNI MUSLIM

• 1 decade ago

According to my SS teacher the Sunni are the branch of Muslims that believe that the majority of the community can interpret Islamic readings-- (where as the Shia are the Muslims who believe that only certain religious and political leaders can truly interpret the Islamic teaching.)

Source(s): My SS teacher. :]
  • 1 decade ago

well. I belive that Allah is one and Rasulallah (Prophet Muhammad ) is the messenger of god.

I follow the Quran and the sunnah of Rasulallah.

so that pretty much makes me sunni =)

• 1 decade ago

Following the qur'an and the sunnah!

Say (O Muhammad SAW to mankind): "If you (really) love Allâh then follow me (i.e. accept Islâmic Monotheism, follow the Qur'ân and the Sunnah), Allâh will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (3:31)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Following the sayings and recommendations of the prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

sunnah given to them by bukhary and co makes them sunnis !!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

following the quouran and the sunna of the prophet(as)

salam :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

mutah

no wait, that makes me shia

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.