Is Paulo Coelho the world's worst writer?What do you think about?

I cannot understand ho this writer reached the 115 millions copies around the world. He is the beste example of bad literature. Brasil has hudred examples of good writers. I can recommend it Luíz Fernando Veríssimo, Graciliano Ramos, Machado de Assis, Clarice Lispektor!

My God, Paulo Coelho has no plot, philosopher thinks it does not know anything, finally!

AND I DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH!

Best Answer

World's Worst Writer? No, that honor belongs to Stephenie Meyer.

I also am not a fan of Paul Coelho. Another awful author is Neil Gaiman, and I agree with D Z that Dan Brown fits in there somewhere, too.

No, I'm pretty sure Robert Walker is the worst writer in the world. Have you ever tried to read the Bridges of Madison County? Well don't.

• D S

Whilst I think his books story lines and his use of language are mediocre, he is by no means the worst writer. am no fan of his, but there is much worse out there. Dan Brown is pretty awful IMO.

Thanks for suggesting a few good Brazilian writers though.

I enjoyed "The Alchemist." And if you must know, Robert Newcomb is the world's worst author.

Stop being a jerk, he's the best

• He can't be any worse than you! Please get a spell checker next time you want to criticise someones literacy skills.