Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Do you like Obama's rationing and no-private-pay health care plan? Is that constitutional?

Eileen McGann

06.6.2009

The photo op was too good to be true. Health care providers trooped out of the White House and trumpeted their goal of saving $1.7 trillion of costs over the next decade in health spending. Now these drug companies, hospitals, insurance companies, medical device manufacturers, labor unions and doctors have laid out their plans in more detail.

And right there, in plain print, is the beginning of medical care rationing. Now that the cameras have been put away and the media is no longer watching, their secret emerges: They are going to cut medical costs by cutting medical care. Right now, they cite four targets. They plan to:

1. Cut diagnostic imaging tests like MRIs and CAT scans.

2. Reduce the use of antibiotics.

3. Perform fewer Caesarean sections.

4. Cut care for management of chronic back pain

These decisions will not be medical but financial. They will not be based on a doctor’s opinion of what his or her patient needs, but a bureaucrat’s and an accountant s opinion of what the new health care system can afford.

And you will not be able to bypass their rulings and pay for this care yourself. The rules laid down must be followed and private payments will not be permitted to override them. What we now call a private fee for service will metastasize into a bribe.

But this is just the very beginning of rationing. The total of health care spending now runs about $2.3 trillion a year in the United States. Over ten years, that’s likely to reach $30 trillion. So a cut of $1.7 trillion is a mere drop in the bucket.

More rationing is coming, and coming soon.

OBAMA WILL NOT EVEN ALLOW YOU TO BUY YOUR OWN MEDICAL CARE!!

Favorite Answer

No.

No.

Nationalization and dictatorial edicts were not part of the Founding of America.

Nope. Rationing will hurt the elderly and those who need care the most. Where will the additional doctors come from when 50 million more people enter the system. People will just have to wait longer to see what doctors there are. When the government mandates what it will pay doctors, prospective bright-minded people will seek a more lucrative career elsewhere.

I broke my foot a week ago. Saw the doctor and got x-rays the day of the accident.

1 week later and I still don't have a cast on it and neither my insurance nor doctors are apparently in any hurry.

When I broke my wrist while vacationing in New Zealand about a decade ago I got an x-ray and cast the same day (within about 1 hour of seeing the doctor). NZ has national health care.

• Rob B

There is no precedent in the United States to require citizens to purchase anything. Even during a time of war, citizens were not required to buy War Bonds. I know that auto insurance is mandatory in many states, but owning a car is not.

This has to be unconstitutional and certain has many of our founding fathers and patriots spinning in their graves.

Obama voters still cant grasp the concept, nothing is free.

Even if Obama makes free health care for all, our taxes will have to pay for it. The numbers just don't add up.

Like Fred Thompson said: Obama wants to take water from the deep side of the pool, and poor it into the shallow end. lol

I have no interest in whoever Eileen McGann is.. for the simple reason that she clearly is trying whip you into fear and frenzy, by lies.

All of the things she tells you that the govt wants to "cut" are the exact same things that private insurance tries to control, right now.

all and sundry that's a citizen of the U.S. and can coach they are going to be harmed by technique of the bill can undertaking the constitutionality of any regulation. you're able to start up on the backside and appeal your way up the ladder to the luxurious courtroom.

• Mar

Mr. Obama is now pushing what he wants as he took over auto industries and control every thing. We will all pay for it in increase in government and state taxes. We will also pay big no matter what our income is. Nothing in life is free.

I Think America should have a national health service and people should pay thru taxes yeah.

I love it when people who know absolutely nothing about single-payor health care presume to lecture the rest of us about how it would work.