Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 1 decade ago

What happens if I only sleep 4 hours a day?

I'm a fresh graduate right out of college I'm 21 years old. I I have an upcoming job starts from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. I plan to work another job at night at the BPO industry as a call center agent. shift is from

10:00 PM - 7:00 AM.

I can catch sleep at the time frame from 5:30 PM - 9:30. now I'm guessing that is heavy but the body adapts to its environment right right?

I'm just wondering if 4 hours is enough, plus I can restructure every saturdays

10 Answers

Relevance
  • sgtcjl
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You won't be able to function with that little sleep for very long. There is no such thing as "catching up" on sleep on Saturday, that's not how the body works. Give it a try, but I doubt you'll be able to do it for long.

• Login to reply the answers
  • I'm 35 and have been sleeping no more the 4.5 hours a night from when I was about 22. When you hear people say "4 hours is definitely not enough" they are referring to their own weak minds and bodies.

Do you smoke? Drink? Eat meat? Do you exercise? all of this is relevant.

So to all you people saying 4 hours isn't enough, Take that half cow out of your mouth and do some sit up's.

• 1 decade ago

If you don't get enough sleep (and 4 hours is definitely not enough, the body needs 7-8 hours a night) then over time you will become more prone to becoming ill because your body's immune system is not working well any more. You will get very overtired and have more risks of having an accident (of any kind), and you will age faster.

If the body gets deprived of too much sleep over a long period of time, you might start having hallucinations, too.

Not sleeping enough = not a good idea!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It depends on the person you are, kids and teens need more sleep then adults, eg; you. If you think 4 hours of sleep is enough and you do not feel extremely tired in the morning then it is ok, try to get more sleep though, usually 6-8 hours is good.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Find a job that pays twice as much as your other two, then get the 8 hours of sleep that you need. You're going to burn out if you work two jobs like that, eventually.

If you only spend money on necessities (rent, food, utilities), then you might not even need both jobs. Don't waste your money on stupid things like ipods, CD's, designer clothes, etc.

Source(s): Happened to a lot of friends who worked two jobs. I'm 22.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

this is not a good idea. in the short term it is managable.(1-2 weeks)

in the long term you will adjust to feeling tired but will never be at the top of your game. as a new grad you have to prove your self in your new career. if you don't all your college work will be for nought.

• Ivette
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avoNP

Confusion, exhaustion, depression, overeating, and in my case, ridiculous acne.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I looked this up on the internet and I came to the conclusion that from the facts presented, you might be a little more sleepy.

• 1 decade ago

you get really tired and get bags under yopur eyes.

Source(s): common sense
  • 5 years ago

u die

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.