Is it racism or just plain smart to avoid poor black neighborhoods?

while driving with the family?

Best Answer

You're not avoiding them because they're black, you're avoiding them because they're bad neighborhoods--which happen to be black.

Quiz time... which race in the US makes up 13% of the population but committs 90% of the crime?

It's racist if you're avoiding a poor BLACK neighbor hood, it's gut instinct to avoid a BAD neighborhood. Don't confuse those. There are parts of San Diego that I would not set foot in at night that have more white people than any other race.

Are you avoiding the neighborhood because it consists of Black people or because it's a bad neighborhood? Yes, racism.

its smart to avoid any poor neighborhood. thats very foolish of you to say black neighborhoods. if theres poverty, whether it is a black white, yellow, red, or brown people, there will be crime and vandalism . trends and statistics always show there is gang violence and crime in poverty reeking areas whether it may be black or white and so on. you would want to avoid it all. dont b silly. poverty is also the root of evil. if you plan on avoiding just poor blacks and not poor everything else it could be considered racist, its unsafe with any poor community of people. more than anything, its plain stupid to avoid only black, just avoid any poor community. they will all commit crimes the same.

its plain stupid and racist

• Lemgur

I agree with the User who said you should just avoid BAD neighborhoods period, & not because they're Black.

I wouldn't travel very far into the deep South if I could help it, because I'm Black. So I get where you're coming from.

I would avoid any bad neighborhood or poor neighborhood thats just common sense.

• Lee

If you don't live in the neighborhood, why would you want to drive through it in the first place?

And to Patrick...No one. Blacks make up 13% of the population but whites commit 70% of the crimes. I've provided a link for those who don't believe me. Of course all the racists on here won't acknowledge a simple fact like government arrest statistics. They'll just keep telling everyone that blacks commit 90% of the crimes in America.

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2007/data/table_43.html

Dwayne is right

I dont know anyone in the hood who wants to attack white people who drive through, they are more concerned with the cops and their enemies, also white people arent usually targeted for crimes because attacking a white person is an easy way to go to jail, we all know that if black guys attack a white person the police will be sure to catch the perps or atleast put someone black in jail to pay for that crime. As for feeling unsafe at night people who want to stay out of jail generally leave white people alone and target other minorities for robberies and carjackings. So be glad your white because you have the law on your side

It is very racist to avoid poor BLACK neighborhoods. If that's the case, then you should avoid poor neighborhoods PERIOD. But ask yourself this, if you never allow your family to experience this part of life, how will they see first hand what they don't want to bring upon themselves?

Honestly, when I am in some areas I do lock my doors of my car. . .

I can't help it.

For me, I know that it is not racism, but it's just everything on the news is about the bad sides of town with all the gangs.

I am definitely not a racist, but I watch out for myself.

• Erika

It has no longer something to do with race, I had white acquaintances that lived interior the initiatives. It has to do with if that individual needs to extra effective themselves. i do no longer even stay in a unfavorable community, i individually stay in between the richest ones in Missouri, yet as quickly as I lived interior the initiatives for 2 years because of the fact bush substitute into doing this pastime shrink element, we tried to extra effective ourself in spite of the incontrovertible fact that it substitute into difficult, yet we nonetheless did it.