Underage drinking, ohio?

I am underage, was at a bar, and ordered a beer. They gave me the beer, didnt ID me. Then later they started to question if I was 21 or not, then I eventually left. Since that was days ago, can I still get introuble legally?

Favorite Answer

I am a newly retired police detective and command officer with over 20 years law enforcement experience in Ohio.

The short answer is no, you are not in trouble. First off they don't know who you are. They never saw your identification. Secondly, in Ohio, the Bureau of Liquor Control agents must witness the violation. Second hand information, even if it came from the bar itself, even if they knew who you were, would not and could not result in a citation.

You are not in danger of getting into any type of legal trouble. I do however must caution you about being underage and trying to drink in a liquor establishment. If liquor control had indeed been in the bar at the time you were served, you, the bartender and the establishment definitely would have been charged.

Source(s): 20+ years law enforcement

Yes, you could still get in trouble, but it is doubtful.

In order for the bartender to file a complaint, he would have to admit to serving you. I don't see that happening.

Source(s): 17 years law enforcement

Not now, No. If you go back and try again then of course.

Source(s): Nice one ; )