What is worse- corporations or government?

Best Answer

A fairly informative book came out in 2005 that addresses this question: "What Every American Should Know About Who's Really Running the World: The People, Corporations, and Organizations that Control Our Future" by Melissa Rossi. Larry Flynt, in defense of the Clintons, also wrote a book entitled, "Sex, Lies & Politics: The Naked Truth" that shows various liaisons with which most Americans are unfamiliar. One that surprised me was the fact that a Bush brother, Marvin Bush, was principle in the security firm called Securacom (changed to Stratesec, Inc. after 9/11) for the World Trade Center, for United Airlines (two of their planes were hijacked on 9/11), and for Dulles International Airport, where one of the 9/11 planes took off. To quote Flynt: "The company [Securacom] also provided security for Los Alamos National Laboratory, where ... you know they've had more security breaches of late....One of the backers of the company was a Kuwaiti-American firm with long ties to the Bush family" (p. 114).

The government is run by a corporation, that you never hear about, so I guess it would be government. Corporations do at least give you jobs. Hell, I wish they would all pack up and leave. Let's see where you "rich" hating people would be then.

depends on the corporation and depends on the government -- it is really bad when they mix -- some large companies and some governments are fairly efficient but the larger they get usually the worse they get -- that is why I am a lib for states rights --

though i would choose the government over a monopolized or colluded market

• Anon28

Both are in it for their own self interest. Only Government can force their desires on you (corporations only can if the government will back them on it.) Therefore, government is worse. Q.E.D.

Government. I can choose which companies I do business with. Not so with government corruption.

Monopoly or borline monopoly. And when government do bail outs and lower tax to CEO's that make million year wages..