Should cold water comes out before hot water for my bath faucet?

I just have a contractor installed a bathtub & shower faucet. It is the type with one handle and no volume control. When I turn the handle counterclockwise, hot water comes out. As I turn more, cold water joins in. Is it supposed to be the other way? That is cold water should come first, and hot water joining in as... show more I just have a contractor installed a bathtub & shower faucet. It is the type with one handle and no volume control. When I turn the handle counterclockwise, hot water comes out. As I turn more, cold water joins in. Is it supposed to be the other way? That is cold water should come first, and hot water joining in as you move the handle further. The instruction of the faucet definitely says that cold water should come first, but I am wondering whether there are other faucets that does it the other way. That is if I keep it the way it is, will visiters be supprised when they get hot water first? Thanks.