128 MB Video Card with Support for Pixel Shader 2.0?

I brought Sims 3 yesterday and installed it today, but when i try to run it it says "Your Video Card Does Not Appear To Support Atleast Shader Model 2.0, Please Upgrade Your Card"

Do you know where i can get one on the internet I will give 10 points to the answer I use

I am so angry because I was really looking foward to playing it and now I hate my very old computer even more than I did before!

Favorite Answer

you would probably have to get a new computer to have the correct socket type to support a better card that has shader 2.0 .

Most of the Nvidia cards have it. try getting a second hand Nvidia card, 8800GT or something like that.

you will have to have a PSU that has atleast 400-450W output, a PCI-E 6pin power connector and a PCI-E 16X port on the motherboard. (not sure on the size of the cards, but some are quite big and might not even fit in the case.

unless you can afford to do the upgrades (it would be easier to buy a new computer, and much better balue for your money to do that) just send the game back.

friend -

128 MB is not that bad -

but if u get into 7,8 series( nvidia )

ur VGA memory will b less (but u will automatically get into 3.0 shader model)

same thing has happened to me :/