Why do some people think guns are bad?

I don't understand all the hate people have for guns.

So cause they kill people is the reason?

Cars kill people. Knives kill people.

Odd. We only use guns for threatening people and self protection. Funny I have yet to use my guns for that. I guess since I use mine for hunting I am using them wrong.

Favorite Answer

I swear, I am so damn sick of those bed wetting, socialist, tree hugging, tofu eating, sandal wearing, dope smoking, liberal, left wing, kool aid drinking f**king hippie idiots trying to take my guns away from me. WTH? Do we ban knives, base ball bats, golf clubs, bows and arrows and axes too? Where in the hell do you draw the line with these people? Even if we all reverted back to the frick'n stone age (which is EXACTLY where they want to take us), there will be criminals and outlaws that will club, cut, stab or strangle other people to death. Why -- oh, WHY don't all the America-haters like that piece-of-sh*t Bill Ayers just LEAVE?? For God's sake, just pack up and go somewhere else -- we'll all take up a collection and buy you a one way ticket. I swear, I will empty my 401k and donate ALL of it for one way plane tickets to those commie idiots if they would leave and revoke their U.S. citizenship.

DAMN......

Source(s): A gun owning, shooting, pick-up driving conservative that's mad as hell and NOT gonna take it anymore! 'Drain the swamp in 2012'

People think guns are bad because they have been brain washed by the progressive anti-gun lobby into thinking an inanimate object has the ability to make moral judgments. A firearm is a tool not unlike any other tool with the potential to do harm. The only difference? The ownership of firearms is specifically protected as an individual right by the U.S. Constitution, and with good reason. The progressive agenda is control over the people, our founders were well aware of this threat to our liberties. That is why we have the 2nd amendment.

There's nothing wrong with guns for hunting ... or self protection for that matter. What sucks is the gun laws ~ we don't have the same kinds of problems with guns on our streets in Canada, because in Canada firearms such as assault rifles and automatic weapons are restricted and must be registered. Shotguns and rifles for hunting must be registered as well but with less red tape and expense. Carrying an unregistered firearm here is ... not smart. I think the other contributing factor to our lower crime rate is the fact that nobody wants to take their mitts off and freeze their fingies off.

• Dan K

Anti-gun folk don't comprehend that having a weapon on ones property is actually a deterrent. In the states/municipalities where people are allowed to possess (and in some cases, carry) guns felonies are minimal or nonexistent. Logic dictates that any person who dares steal, rob, rape,etc. will think twice if there is even a remote possibility of armed people in these communities. More food for thought, law enforcement agencies in nearly every large metropolitan area in the country have not been able to control the flow of guns to those who actively engage in violent crimes. It is most important to remember that the police are a reactive, and not a proactive arm of the law.

Because they are stupid

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. If someone is willing to commit murder i don't think they will care if they are breaking the law by buying a gun

Outlawing guns won't stop criminals owning them, it will only stop law abiding citizens

• x x

They are bad and more importantly DANGEROUS. But legal and necessary for the maintenance of a free state.

Take a safety gun class before thinking of getting a weapon.

My wife hates guns but accepts the fact that you must get ride of the 2nd Amendment if you want to change the right to bear arms.

ignorance and stupidity. Plus the fact that a totalitarian government likely will not take control of an armed populace.

Maybe a traumatic event in their life? Like getting robbed, someone using a gun to commit suicide, ect. And they have to blame something and blame the gun?

But guns don't fire themselves.

I wish I still had my gun -- I would shoot that Sasquatch that's living in my house.

• What's a gun?? Tee hee I'm blonde.