How long does it take to build muscle?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Im a girl, Im 16, im about 5'4, and i weigh about 130lbs (fat, i know) and i want to grow muscle, to decrease my overall body fat. I go to the gym about everyother day, and i lift ...show more
Best Answer
About two weeks to a month. Make sure to get enough calories and protein to build muscle.
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (10)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • gibsongtar101 answered 5 years ago
    you're not fat! but if you want to lose weight, you need to remember that a good combination of weight training and cardio is needed. people grow muscle at different rates. In my case, I took weight gainers and whey protein for an entire year to grow a little bit of muscle (i have a really hard time gaining both fat and muscle). but a few important things to remember:

1) make sure you're using the right form when lifting. it doesn't matter if you're lifting heavy if you don't have the correct form. go to bodybuilding.com and search through the articles to see different exercises and stuff
    2) have a good routine. what i do is...I lift monday through thursday, and I do cardio friday. saturdays and sundays are my rest days. REST IS REALLY IMPORTANT TO BUILD MUSCLE, remember that.
    3) watch your diet. eat healthy and make sure you don't overeat/undereat. it helps to eat 5-7 smaller meals a day instead of 3 big ones.
    4) never forget cardio
    5) drink 8 glasses of water

there's a lot more i could say but those are the main things you need to know. email me if you have any questions
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • TNT answered 5 years ago
    whoa, we are way too close in height and weight, but i'd say im toned except for this **** tummy...

there really is no time-line for muscle building, sorry =/
    BUT you should see results in 4-6 weeks if your doing it properly. here are some guidelines

-drink TONS of water, your body needs to keep hydrated in order to function at its max

-eat lots of protein, i know you learn breads are on the bottom of the food pyramid, but if your muscle building then protein supplements and lean meats are your staple

- what is your goal? are you wanting the "bulk up with muscle" or "lean muscle"? cause they really are quite different. if ur looking for mass, then heavier weights at a high intensity. if ur looking for thin muscle, then moderate weights in high reps

-do cardio, it works out your legs, but also helps your core, posture, and burns calories infinitely quicker than other exercises translates into faster fat loss

Source(s):

personal experience
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ? answered 5 years ago
    It will take a long time, despite most womens fears of "If i lift a weight il be fukken hyyuuuuge like Arnie!" it takes a hell of a long time for guys and even longer for girls. Keep at it with a high protein diet and you'll start seeing results :)
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Keith M answered 5 years ago
    That sounds like a healthy weight to me. I hope you don't worry too much about losing weight.

Really, you have two separate goals. You want to lose some fat and you want to put on muscle. Lifting weights is a good way to put on muscle, but adding cardio workouts (like running, walking, bike riding, stair climbing) will help burn fat.

Diet is also an important piece of this, but I wouldn't worry too much about that -- it sounds like you're doing fine on calories. You don't want to cut down calories when you're working out unless you want your weight to drop (which, again, I don't think you really need).
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ? answered 5 years ago
    weight lifting with heavy weight is only gonna make you bulky and not necesarily remove flab. in order to reduce body fat you have to diet right(high protein, low carb diet) and do cardio along with lifting weights.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Keshaun answered 5 years ago
    the important thing is to eat right also, 2nd dont over do it, the body needs time to repair and for your new muscles to grow. Lift what your comfortable with without leaving you tired after a 30 min workout, and increase the weights you lift from there

Source(s):

• Rate
    • Comment
  • ? answered 5 years ago
    you are not fat at all. i weigh 155 and im 15 + 5'2''. so yeah
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Surf and Snow answered 5 years ago
    results start to begin and muscle starts to build 6 weeks after you start working out regularly.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Grace answered 5 years ago
    A long, long time and you are not fat
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• Dahlia answered 5 years ago
    Some people say that targetted weight reduction is not possible nevertheless if you're having difficulties to lose weight from the tummy it might possibly be due to surplus waste material in the colon, not surplus body fat. You can take a diet supplement to flush out as much as twenty pounds from the torso, there's a risk free trial at http://tollornoos.xandrake.com
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock