Please help me my 9 month old has been exposed to?

Hand foot and mouth diese (painful blisters u get on hands feet and mouth) im guessing its contagious

we were at a neighbors b-day party last nite and her 17 month old son and my 9 month old were playing and baby kissing u know

and the 17 month old was exposed to some one who had this diese so my son has been exposed to someone who has been exposed to some one who had the dieses

the 17 month old does not have blisters (yet??)

my son is also on antibiotics (augmintin) for his ear infection

does that come into play

i need help what do i do (besides call the dr.)

whats his risk for getting this please help me i need info stats what ever u can do

thank u

Favorite Answer

The antibiotics are NOT going to help him because hf&m disease is a virus, not a bacterial infection. Its actually not that bad in babies. My nephew had it, fever and all and it never slowed him down. IF he does get it, its good he gets it now and not when he is older, because its in the same family as chicken pox which gets more dangerous the older you get. Also IF he does get it, he will have immunity to it by the time he gets in school or daycare which is when most kids get it.

Otherwise known as coxackivirus. If he gets it he will be fine, you will just have to let it run it's course. Give him tylenol for fever.

It is very contagious, if the 17 month old is contagious right now there's a good liklihood your son will get it too.

Coxackievirus does not always result in the blisters of hand foot and mouth disease, but can show up as flu-like symptoms.

i was looking on the internet 4 u and i saw that the only thing you can do is sooth it, by using unsalted butter ,yogurt,olive oil,and coconut oil

and just let it run it's course

i hope that helped u a little