Anonymous

Is it possible to access AOL email through Yahoo?

I have been unable access the sign in page on AOL for two days now. Is it possible to access aol mail through yahoo or some other service? (I knew I should have switched all my aol mail to yahoo - I've just been lazy :-()

Favorite Answer

you should be able to access AOL ...IF..you still have an active account by entering AOL.COM in your web browser and signing in...If this is the case you can transfer info from AOL to Yahoo by doing the following

How do I Import Contacts (+ emails and calendar info) from my other webmail account?

Replace Cancel

Here’s how:

1. Click Options in the upper-right corner of your Mail page,then MAIL OPTIONS...you will be in the GENERAL mode...then click on CONTACTS.(left side of the screen)..once in click on TRANSFER CONTACTS TO YAHOO...

2. You will be prompted to re-enter your password as a security measure.

3. Next is a permissions page which goes over legal information. Click I Agree. If you’d rather not continue, click I Do Not Agree.

4. Verify that you’ve read the Terms of Service by clicking in the check-box. Click Start Transfer.

5. Enter the “old” email sign-in name for the account you’re transferring from, and in the pull-down menu, select the webmail domain it’s from.

* Choose from:

Hotmail, AOL, Gmail, Comcast, Yahoo!, Cox, Earthlink, MSN, Netzero, Juno, CS, Optonline, and Worldnet.att.net

6. Enter the email account’s password. Click Next.

7. Please wait a moment while we verify this information. If we run into a problem, we’ll ask that you please re-enter the username, provider and password info.

8. Now, leave a check in the check-boxes beside the information you’d like to transfer to your Yahoo! account. You can transfer Email, Address Book info, and usually, your Calendar info. Please note some webmail programs don’t feature calendars.

* Would you like to send a note to all these contacts announcing your new email address? No problem! Leave a check in the box beside “Send a note…” And if you want to write the note yourself, just click “Click here to personalize...”. Click Next when you’re done.

* Click Next to transfer the information to your new Yahoo! account.

* The “Finished” page will confirm the transfer and offers you a quick route back to your Yahoo! Mail account: Take Me To Yahoo! Mail.

Please note that it may take as long as 24 hours to complete the transfer. When it’s done, you’ll get a confirmation email in your Yahoo! Inbox.

If you have another webmail account whose info you’d like to transfer, no problem! Import from as many of the supported providers as you want.

For desktop email

Interested in transferring Address Book information from your desktop application (ie, Outlook or Palm)? If so, follow these steps:

1. In the upper-right corner of your Mail page, click Options and select Mail Options.

2. On the left side of the page that opens, click Contacts Options.

3. On the right of this page, click Import/Export to get started.

Access Aol Mail

Hotmail.