WHITE PRIDE?????!!? (racist?)?

how is being proud to be white considered racist, when black bride or brown pride is considered just being proud of the race.

i see stickers on cars all the time like "Latino pride" "brown pride" Native pride" but surely if there was a "white pride" one everyone would think it to be racist,.... as would i probably.,,,,,,,

BTW i do understand blacks have come from a rough history, but the blacks we see today are not from those times and neither are the whites, i wish it werent about race so much here in 2009 but it is. and honestly i see alot more racism twords whites from black nowdays

• Joel S
    Favorite Answer

uuuggggghhhhh(frustrated at the amount of times the question gets asked)

For like the 10 billionth time, it depends on the attitude in which their pride is, if it's about embracing you heritage fine FINE FINE FINE FINE FINE FINE FINE FINE FNIE FNIE FINE FINE FINE A MILLION TIMES FFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNE! However if there IS a negative message associated w/ it, which often there is(atleast where I live at anyway) then there is a problem.

I don't care if whites have pride, they can have it, they have just as much right. In larger cities you see it all the time, but it's usually listed under a specific ETHNIC GROUP-Irish, Italian,Greek,Polish,German,Lithuanian,Latvian, British, any european ethnic group.

Blacks on the other hand say "black pride" b/c unlike whites, most blacks DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEIR ANCESTRY IS!

There, did I satisfy you or were you looking for more?

Everyone comes from a rough history, no one moreso than anyone else. I also see more racism against whites these days than anyone else. This also has to do with the fact that there is a racist in the White House now too who will continue to give special treatment to groups that he deems special. I am VERY proud of my half German half Swedish ancestry but I'm far from being a racist. I also think that people get frustrated with their own lives and how they have navigated themselves. But, it's easier to blame it on the white man than to accept responsibility for their own choices and actions. Plus, please remember that whites did NOT go overseas and steal people from Africa. There was a buyer and a seller, so they can also hate their own African ancestors because they made plenty of money off of their own people. I could care less about race, I look at the character of the person and not too many people these days have admirable character...this goes for ALL humans.

Source(s): I have seen it firsthand. Don't assume I'm a racist. My boyfriend is mexican and I have dated a black guy in the past.

first off, i have never seen a car sticker say any of that, so i don't know where you drive at. 'white pride' is often associated with the kkk, which is why it is seen more so as racist, than proud. not saying that you shouldn't be proud of what you are, but it is what it is.

another thing to think about is that while many whites aren't talking about their pride in being white, they sure as heck like having pride in where they're families originated from. "kiss me, i'm irish" shirts and buttons are all over the place during st. patricks day, but do you see black americans running around with shirts saying, "kiss me, i'm somalian"?

not saying that this is true, but a lot of black americans cannot take pride in the countries they came from because there's no possible way of tracking that information down due to slavery, so maybe they use pride in their skin color to fill the void of not getting the opportunity to have pride in where they come from.

• Darcy

Everyone should have pride in who they are and where they come from. Its when that pride infringes on the rights of others - that's when it becomes a racist issue

Hm, I guess just back in history what whites have once done. Making the native americans move...then slavery which was flat out hell. And I think people still remember that. As they should but not blame it on you. ALSO I think they have that because latino's and blacks could think deep down that whites are still hating and still think their better than everyone. which SOME do so I guess that's why whites don't have anything. also at my school the kids that say white pride mean it in a racist way. talking about the kkk and stuff. So it's just society. it does end up being considered racist...sorry. just be proud of who YOU are and your things you've done in life.

answer mines? same section.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200906...

Source(s): my head.

Its not racists, its dumb. being proud of someone elses accomplishments might make some sense but race shouldn't matter.

Funny thing is, those people wouldn't even have cars to drive if it wasn't for Daimler and Benz (Germans) inventing the internal combustion engine. Brown pride while utilising a white discovery........is it just me or is that somehow ironic?

Source(s): White and proud.

i think it's because there is a history of blacks as a race being treated pretty darn badly and they've come a hell of a long way. so good on em and i think maybe that's what they're proud of.

• Rachel

I honestly think their should be any pride in races. I think people should be proud of what they have done in their life. Race does not really effect the goals you accomplished.

People should be proud of their accomplishment and what good things they done in life. Not be proud of what colour your skin is.