Gah! There's so much conflicting opinion on protein powders--where are the real studies?

C'mon, people. Opinions are everywhere. Where's the SCIENCE? Science, for the purpose of this question, is peer-reviewed and doesn't have links to fabulous products at the bottom. I'm female. At my current activity level of four mostly easy exercise days per week, I have no concerns about... show more C'mon, people. Opinions are everywhere. Where's the SCIENCE? Science, for the purpose of this question, is peer-reviewed and doesn't have links to fabulous products at the bottom.

I'm female. At my current activity level of four mostly easy exercise days per week, I have no concerns about weight gain. I don't need to look like I can break a man in half, either, but I'd like to be sure I'm getting everything I can out of my workouts, and I'd like to really know whether more protein is a good thing or a bad thing!

I *think* I've gained back most of my muscle mass after I was off of my feet with a broken pelvis for a while, but there's still plenty of pain and I wonder if perhaps I'm short-changing my yoga, walking, abs, and general aerobics/cardio. (With just a pinch of arm-toning, for vanity! I'm pretty sure working my arms does nothing for my spine!) I couldn't care less about weight loss, so stuff it! I want to be healthy and stronger, and looking good naturally follows behind those things.

Soooo . . . protein! Good? Bad? Misunderstood? Bring it!
1 answer 1